David Bowie

Started by bonanzataz, September 10, 2003, 08:40:14 PM

Two Lane Blacktop

Bowie opened his 2004 tour here in Atlanta, at an open-air outdoor venue, and it was just phenomenal.  I've seen Bowie in concert 5 times in my life, and I swear this last show (in May) was the best ever.  

"Reality" was a good (not great) album.  I liked "Heathen" a LOT, and "I'm Afraid Of Americans" is one of my favorite new Bowie songs.  He hit a peak in the 70s that he'll never hit again, but for that matter, it's unlikely anyone ELSE will hit it either...  he's done some genius music in his life, and I think it's cool as hell that he hasn't become an embarrassment in his old age, but in fact can still put on a great show.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

modage

Quote from: bigideaswell, Wes Anderson has led me to another artist.
i've got Life on Mars stuck in my head.
i guess i should get Hunky Dory.
does anyone know if there are remasters, special editions, etc and what i should get?
yes.  here is a good starter.  get Hunky Dory, (which is  a remaster) and get Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane which are both 2 disc special editions (just like a dvd!).  if you want a good compilation of hits, get The Best of Bowie 1969-1974.  those albums are so rocking it hurts.  (i'm currently in a huge bowie phase as well).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reel

Quote from: Ghostboy on September 11, 2003, 08:37:31 PM
When, as a man, you are faced with the inevitable question of 'what guy would you sleep with if you had to sleep with a guy,' David Bowie is always a good answer.

Sorry. I know it's been ten years, but I just wanted to point out that this^ was the inspiration for Tarantino's "I'd fuck Elvis" line in 'My Best Friends Birthday' and 'True Romance.' Him and his friend whose favorite singer was Bowie would talk about if they'd fuck their idols if they had the chance

Clarence: I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.

I read a Tarantino book.

And I love David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders from Mars is my favorite album of his and I think it always will be.

and yeah.. I probably would with Jack White if I had to..

72teeth

Freddie Mercury is the only person to ever woo me with words
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza