Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

MacGuffin

Is this thing on?

Remember just a $5 donation an help feed an admin for a year.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Perineum Falcon

Word. I don't know what I'd do without you guys.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

MacGuffin

Thank you to the few that have contributed so far to keep the best message board on the www alive. But we are FAR from reaching our goal.

Please sacrifice the cost of a (cheap) DVD or an iTunes download to the site.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

What would your day be like without xixax?

That's right. Time to pay your crack dealer for your addiction by making a donation. Or caps will be popped in some asses!

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

for petes sake

squints

been here for years and never donated. But i just did! thanks xixax for all the good times...sort of.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Kal

I don't even check or write on the site so much anymore... but I'm worried about what would happen to most of you if the site shuts down. We don't need more crazy people on the streets or people stalking Lindsay Lohan.

Therefore... I just donated.

MacGuffin

We've almost reached our goal.

All those nights spent drunk posting... Take those aluminum cans and trade them in for a cash towards a donation. Then you can continue to recycle posts for another year.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Did you win money off the Super Bowl? Use that cash toward saving xixax. Still a ways from our goal.

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Kal

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 09, 2011, 06:00:27 PM
Did you win money off the Super Bowl? Use that cash toward saving xixax. Still a ways from our goal.

How much are we missing Mac? I already donated. If I donate more we would have to change the name to KalXax.