Xixax Awards 2005

Started by Jeremy Blackman, January 12, 2005, 09:24:23 PM

Gold Trumpet

I have a feeling if this thread goes much longer, a brawl will break out over the quality of Dogville.

classical gas

as a non-participant, i have to say that i'm protesting over the lack of love for 'the dreamers'.

cine

Quote from: classical gasas a non-participant, i have to say that i'm protesting over the lack of love for 'the dreamers'.
as a participant, i have to say that any lack of love for movies that didn't get enough votes are from non-participants who could have helped them out.

SoNowThen

and the winner for Best Onscreen Boobs goes to... Eva Green!!!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Alexandro

what about a "best title sequence" category?

Alethia

Quote from: SoNowThenno Dogville sucks, for sure

but no NOTRE MUSIQUE!!!! fuckin' hell... am I the only one who saw it?

:yabbse-angry:

i saw it too and put it on my ballot, i just never finished filling it out and didnt get what i had in on time.

ono

Quote from: Alexandrowhat about a "best title sequence" category?
Kinda goes under Best Visual Effects.

Kal

I did vote and I had a couple of questions

1) how many people did vote?
2) why dont we have a foreign film category (I know several here are foreigners, but I mean not produced in the US or by an American Production Company/Studio)?

Thanks.

SHAFTR

Quote from: SoNowThenand the winner for Best Onscreen Boobs goes to... Eva Green!!!!

Yes, 2003 went to Ludivine Sagnier.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: andyk1) how many people did vote?

A good gauge is to count all those who've responded with reactions to the nominations.

Yes, it was that low. :yabbse-sad:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

wow, thats really sad. i thought we had a lot more active posters here than that.  its even funnier than that almost everyone who has responded, has done so with a gripe of dissatisfaction about what films didnt make the cut when there were so few votes to begin with.  well, these are just nominations so hopefully more people will get to vote for the actual winners.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

i'm responding with a reaction.

Myxo

How long was the nomination period open? Seems like it was only 2 or 3 weeks..

Kal

Quote from: MyxomatosisHow long was the nomination period open? Seems like it was only 2 or 3 weeks..

Almost all the active Xixax users check the site at least once a week. If you dont, there is so much to read that you miss many things - including maybe the new thread about the Awards.

That said, I think we have enough active users and enough people that read this thread so that they could vote. The problem maybe is that many of the people in here didnt watch most of the films that were nominated or that were supposed to be nominated.

I think I filled in almost all the blanks in the ballot, but it took me a while and I still did regret that I couldnt nominate or put something about a film because I didnt see it. Surprisingly most of the nominees I put up made it to the final, but I do see some that are missing and some that for sure dont deserve to be there, but made it because of the lack of votes.