INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)

Started by cronopio 2, December 02, 2010, 09:51:28 AM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

P Heat

Luis Guzman  said he is totally down with doing this film in a video interview a while back. Philip Baker or even Julianne Moore would be nice (yes they are old). Pynchon's voice is really good. I wouldn't be surprised if Paul uses that voice in something.

One more thing. Cheech & Chong (or at least Chong) would be awesome for this. lol I'd love to see that happen.
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Frederico Fellini

I was reading this thing Pynchon did for David Foster Wallace after his death, and he speaks VERY BRIEFLY about INHERENT VICE:

" I have some vain hope that my latest, Inherent Vice, will be made into a movie, something, perhaps, along the lines of Altman's The Long Goodbye, a kind of meta-detective film, maybe directed by the Coen brothers; there was some talk of Kubrick filming Gravity's Rainbow back in the day, but that talk died with Stanley.) "   

Kubrick directing Gravity's rainbow?  Damn.

If you're a fan of Pynchon or Wllace, You can read the whole thing here: 

http://open.salon.com/blog/robert_brenner/2011/04/01/pale_kings_thomas_pynchon_on_david_foster_wallace
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Drenk

This text is a parody of Pynchon; Pynchon never wrote that. It loooked like a text of a person who really knew his Pynchon, and the confirmation is in the comments at the end.
Ascension.

Cloudy

Weird. Just finished the master and in the end credits I saw "Jackson Pynchon" as a production assistant.

polkablues

Quick internet search tells me that is indeed Thomas Pynchon's son's name.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Rooty Poots

Seems like the script diverges quite a bit from the book.

Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

polkablues

I haven't read the book.  Is it not "Knight Rider" slash-fiction?

Rooty Poots

Yeah, just disappointed that he changed the names of all my favorite characters.  :yabbse-sad:
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Robyn

Sleepless

There's no way PTA wrote that. Or am I just stating the obvious here and everyone else is in on the joke?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

I can't be bothered to verify this, but I'm assuming it's from the "Unfinished Scripts" twitter account.

Robyn

It's actually a page from the Metal Gear Solid script.

Yes

I doubt PTA wrote that page or whatever it is. If you've ever looked at any of his scripts before, his style is nothing at all like that.

Reel

That's where you're wrong. I think this could be a harkening back to his Boogie Nights days.