Ask Thrindle

Started by Gold Trumpet, July 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I've been in one of those weird moods lately, that don't really have a word.  Where you feel like you need to create or do something, but you have no idea what to create or what to do, and it's almost frustrating...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

q: how drunk do i have to get you

Thrindle

Quote from: 03q: how drunk do i have to get you
That was fucking brilliant, you make me laugh.  

I would have called you and blabbed in my charming drunken way... but I was like, nah, he's sleeping...
Classic.

meatball

Quote from: ThrindleSo...  I'm at the bar tonight and I meet this guy.  

Yeah, he's cute,

So he tells me he's in film school...

He had never heard of John Cassavetes...

he liked Magnolia but hadn't seen anything else PTA...

He wants to be a movie star.

Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: 03q: how drunk do i have to get you
That was fucking brilliant, you make me laugh.  

I would have called you and blabbed in my charming drunken way... but I was like, nah, he's sleeping...
!i wasnt. god

MacGuffin

What the hell is a Hollaback girl, and are you one?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reinhold

of course she isn't one. the song clearly says that there ain't one.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Thrindle

Quote from: MacGuffinWhat the hell is a Hollaback girl, and are you one?
Perhaps Ms. Stefani is saying that instead of yapping behind some dumb bitches back, she's just gonna kick her ass instead.  The bitching girl would probably be the "Hollaback" variety.

Now I've got a question for you:

Quote from: Gwen StefaniLet me hear you say, this shit is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This shit is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Again, the shit is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This shit is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Is she saying that HER shit is like bananas?  And if this isn't the case, what shit is she referring to?
Classic.

Reinhold

this should be the Thrindle Asks thread.
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerthis should be the Thrindle Asks thread.

That would be quite  a fucked up thread.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

i am a greedy and controlling person in a sexual relationship, i am emotionally involved (varying degrees) with three women at this moment, who are all strangers to each other. i have been doing things like this for a long time. what are your thoughts about this

Thrindle

Quote from: 03i am a greedy and controlling person in a sexual relationship.
This is it's own issue.  03, I'm willing to bet that you've been left before, and the fear of being left is what compells you to be controlling.  Remember when I called you co-dependent?  I think that's where your control issues stem from.  At the end of the day we're all just scared that someone's going to pack up and head out... so sometimes we cling too tightly to try to keep them close.  You need to do some inside work one of these days and then delve into a relationship.  Also, I have always found that control is largely due to insecurity, and until you get ok with yourself, you probably will continue this same pattern.
And I write this as Aimee Mann sings "It's not going to stop until you wise up."

Quote from: 03i am emotionally involved (varying degrees) with three women at this moment, who are all strangers to each other. i have been doing things like this for a long time. what are your thoughts about this
I think that the Internet is an easy place to have emotional affairs.  There's a level of anonyminity as well as intimacy that you can't acheive in "real" life.  This works well for you because although you want someone close to you, you don't want them too close (then they might see the real you and that s fucking terrifying).  
In my very honest opinion, I think you are looking for women to fill a void that you can't seem to fill yourself.

In no way is this criticism 03, not even close.  It's just truth.  Everybody's fucked up in their own ways, so please don't be offended.
Classic.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: 03i am a greedy and controlling person in a sexual relationship, i am emotionally involved (varying degrees) with three women at this moment, who are all strangers to each other. i have been doing things like this for a long time. what are your thoughts about this

You advice seeking whore.

Reinhold

did i totally imagine the thunderdome? where the hell did it go?

Thrindle

Quote from: permanent username on February 03, 2006, 10:00:44 AM
did i totally imagine the thunderdome? where the hell did it go?
You know I'm fragile these days... why are you plaguing me this way???
Classic.