Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Dirk

Quote from: MacGuffinDamn neighbors to the North.

Sucker!  :twisted:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

MacGuffin

Steven Soderbergh's remake of the sci-fi classic Solaris will debut on July 29th. Presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, extras include what is sure to be a great audio commentary with Soderbergh and producer James Cameron, the HBO First Look special and Soderbergh's own "Making Of Solaris" documentary, a "screenplay still gallery" and trailers. Retail is $26.95.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to director Peter Jackson, direct from The Lord of the Rings: Official Fan Club Magazine, the 4-disc The Two Towers: Extended Edition (tentatively set for release in November) will have 43 additional minutes of footage. Much of it will reportedly expand upon the various characters, as was the case with The Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Edition. Word is more than 150 new effects shots have been completed for the new cut as well (since there are many new scenes with Treebeard).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, word from sources at Disney about the next set of Platinum edition animated titles to expect from the studio. The Lion King will street on DVD on 10/7. The Platinum title for 2004 is expected to be Aladdin. In 2005, look for The Little Mermaid. And finally, Bambi will hit DVD in 2006.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Dirk

Specs for The Pianist SE DVD: a 2-disc set featuring an anamorphic transfer, English Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 and DD 2.0 Stereo tracks, "Story of Survival" Featurette, Q&A with Roman Polanski, The Warsaw Ghetto: A Historical Background, a photo gallery, poster gallery, a biography of Wladyslaw Szpilman, director's notes, a production diary, trailers, TV spots (including Adrien Brody interview segments), filmographies, a soundtrack spot, and bonus audio tracks from the Sony Classical CD soundtrack. A 3-disc set will also be available including the original soundtrack CD.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Ernie

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: cbrad4dSomething tells me we will get a Martin Scorsese commentary for the Gangs DVD. I feel it in my bones...

Has anyone listened to his commentary for The Last Temptation of Christ? Better yet, has anyone even seen The Last Temptation of Christ?

I have, fucking gnarly movie.

Do you have to know a lot about religion to understand it? I've wanted to see it just because it's Scorsese but I don't know a whole lot about religion. I haven't gone to church since I was little.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: ebeaman69Do you have to know a lot about religion to understand it? I've wanted to see it just because it's Scorsese but I don't know a whole lot about religion. I haven't gone to church since I was little.

Well... not necessarily.  Are you a Christian?  The movie follows the New Testament in the Bible fairly close up until the end.  But, as I say that, the movie has an altogether mood to it unlike the New Testament's Christ.  In TLTOC, Christ is much less confident and more frightened than in the Bible.  

I guess to answer your question, you don't really have to know about Christianity that much to enjoy the movie.  I enjoy it for what it is and what Scorsese wanted to do with it, but I obviously don't take the movie as gospel.

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwaiI don't know if the following news have been covered elsewhere, but here goes... The release date of "The Two Towers" in Europe has been set on the 26th of August. That date could change as far as I know. To be continued...

New Line Home Entertainment has officially announced the DVD release of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers! The 2-disc theatrical cut will street on August 26th (SRP $29.95) in both full frame and anamorphic widescreen versions. The set will include audio in Dolby Digital 5.1, along with the On the Set: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Return to Middle-earth documentaries, 8 featurettes on the people and places in Middle-earth, a 10-minute behind-the-scenes sneak preview of The Return of the King (due in theaters on December 17th), Sean Astin's short film The Long and Short of It, a documentary on the making of the short film, the Gollum's Song music video by Emiliana Torrini, previews of the Return of the King video game and the Special Extended DVD Edition of The Two Towers and more.

That will be followed by The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Special Extended DVD Edition on November 18th (SRP TBA). As with extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring, this will be a massive 4-disc affair, including a 40+ minute longer version of the film in anamorphic widescreen video, with Dolby Digital and DTS audio. You'll also get audio commentary and a massive bounty of extra features beyond what you'll find on the 2-disc version.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Rudie Obias

maybe when all three LORD OF THE RINGS films are out on dvd, i'll buy all 6 theatrical and extended editions versions.  that means i'll have an 18 disc dvd set of THE LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY!  that's a lot of viewing time!  :)
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

MacGuffin

Steven Spielberg's oft-postponed Duel will finally street on August 12th. Features are expected to include the highly-anticipated new Laurent Bouzereau-produced documentary on the making of the film. Retail is $19.95.

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

Gold Trumpet

I wish the cover was black and white photographish that would be reminiscient of the type of filmmaking Speilberg had in making the movie. It would have felt more right for the feel of realism during the 1970s. When i see this cover, I always second guess whether or not a video game is also being released with the video.

~rougerum

cowboykurtis

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI wish the cover was black and white photographish that would be reminiscient of the type of filmmaking Speilberg had in making the movie. It would have felt more right for the feel of realism during the 1970s. When i see this cover, I always second guess whether or not a video game is also being released with the video.

~rougerum

i think thats the original poster for the film.

Gold Trumpet

I'm not sure. In picture details, maybe. The effect though smells computerish in the wrong ways. I own the original German poster, which was great and completely of what I was describing.  You may be right though.

~rougerum

cowboykurtis

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI'm not sure. In picture details, maybe. The effect though smells computerish in the wrong ways. I own the original German poster, which was great and completely of what I was describing.  You may be right though.

~rougerum

i agree with you though -- the artwork looks like it should be on a pinball machine.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: mogwaicowboy & goldtrumpet, you guys should get yoself some colorful avatars. NOW!! :wink:

Not Gold Trumpet, having no avatar is classic, like having no opening credits. I guess you could say his avatar is having no avatar, and Im indifferent towards cowboy

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: mogwaicowboy & goldtrumpet, you guys should get yoself some colorful avatars. NOW!! :wink:

Not Gold Trumpet, having no avatar is classic, like having no opening credits. I guess you could say his avatar is having no avatar, and Im indifferent towards cowboy

its always good to know that someone's indifferent about me.