Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

mogwai

maybe anchor bay could buy them loose so that they could release them uncut. the uncut versions are mostly floating around in sleazy second hand stores in holland.

Sal

im hopeful they will be released uncut on blu ray or hd-dvd.  It's mind boggling that paramount refused 2 people to find the uncut footage, FOR FREE.

Also: you guys are kind of nazis here about making sure there arent repetitious posts.  I mean - I searched for friday the 13th, and nothing came up.  Lo and behold theres something going on in this thread--which is 17 pages long.  ???  Don't get so uptight guys.  ::glaring at mcguffin::

MacGuffin

Quote from: SalAlso: you guys are kind of nazis here about making sure there arent repetitious posts.  I mean - I searched for friday the 13th, and nothing came up.  Lo and behold theres something going on in this thread--which is 17 pages long.  ???  Don't get so uptight guys.  ::glaring at mcguffin::

I didn't lock and redirect your thread, so don't glare at me. You asked a question that had an answer right above you.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

sal, i locked your thread and there's no need to get so uptight.

modage

Due on October 5th is The Untouchables: Special Collector's Edition with a 2.35 anamorphic transfer, DD5.1 and 2.0 tracks, five new featurettes ("The Script," "The Cast," "Production Stories," "Reinventing the Genre," "The Classic"), "The Men" vintage featurette and the theatrical trailer. Retail is $19.99 each.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Redlum

Audio commentary from director Dennis Hopper
Filmographies
'Shaking The Cage' featurette (67 mins)
@easy Riders, Raging Bulls' DVD
BFI Modern Classic book 'Easy Rider' by Lee Hill
Limited edition postcards
Interactive menu
Scene access

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=166931

This looks so cool but I just bought the damn regular edition.

And...it comes with Easy Riders, Raging Bulls - woo!
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

NEON MERCURY

Just Withnail

Yeah, you're right. Sans the minus. That set though, is a definite buy for me. I gotta say those limited edition postcards won me over.

mogwai

LIVE AID Four-Disc DVD Due In November  

The historic Live Aid concert, featuring performances by BLACK SABBATH, JUDAS PRIEST, QUEEN, THE WHO and LED ZEPPELIN, will be released on DVD in the fall. Earlier this year, the Band Aid Trust agreed to auction the global rights for the concerts for the first time, after pirated copies were found for sale on the Internet.

Warner Vision International won the bidding and has set a Nov. 10 release date for a four-disc DVD package. The 1985 event, which was held in London's Wembley Stadium and the JFK Stadium, Philadelphia, and instantly raised £50 million (approx. $92 million) — eventually climbing to £80 million (approx. $148 million) — for African famine victims.

"Twenty years ago they not only played 'real good for free,' they took an issue that was nowhere on the agenda of the political world and placed it at the very top," said concert organizer Bob Geldof. "By buying the Live Aid DVD, that day continues far off into some distant but hopefully better future for all those people in whose name those great artists played."

Among the selections performed during the Live Aid concert were the following:

BLACK SABBATH:

01. Children Of The Grave [04:18]
02. Iron Man [07:44]
03. Paranoid [03:18]

JUDAS PRIEST:

01. Living After Midnight [04:01]
02. The Green Manalishi [03:42]
03. You've Got Another Thing Comin' [07:16]

QUEEN:

01. Bohemian Rhapsody [02:22]
02. Radio Ga Ga [04:00]
03. Hammer To Fall [04:46]
04. Crazy Little Thing Called Love [03:37]
05. We Will Rock You [01:16]
06. We Are The Champions [03:41]

LED ZEPPELIN:

01. Rock & Roll [04:43]
02. Whole Lotta Love [05:20]
03. Stairway To Heaven [09:19]

THE WHO:

01. My Generation [01:40]
02. Pinball Wizard [03:02]
03. Love Reign O'er Me [04:47]
04. Won't Get Fooled Again [09:25]

Redlum

Here's a better shot of the Easy Rider set.

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

FeloniousFunk

September 7th releases:

also....Clerks: CE, Jersey Girl, the Ladykillers, and Resident Evil: DE.

Chest Rockwell

So many good ones coming out on the 7th:
Dawn of the Dead
Hitchcock (what's in it?)
La Dolce Vita
maybe Iron Giant

I just realized that Easy Rider box is a R2 only thing. Sometimes I really hate living in R1. Any cheap multi-region players out there?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Chest RockwellHitchcock (what's in it?)

Quote from: On page 15, WithnailWarner Bros. has finally officially revealed that they'll street a 9-film DVD box set, The Alfred Hitchcock Signature Collection, on 9/7 (SRP $99.92). The set will include 7 new titles (Dial M for Murder, Foreign Correspondent, Suspicion, The Wrong Man, Stage Fright, I Confess and Mr. and Mrs. Smith) which will also be available separately for $19.97 each. The set will also include a 2-disc Strangers on a Train: Special Edition ($26.99 separately) and the previously released North by Northwest: Special Edition. All will feature documentaries and other extras.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

FeloniousFunk

Quote from: Chest Rockwell
I just realized that Easy Rider box is a R2 only thing. Sometimes I really hate living in R1. Any cheap multi-region players out there?

Actually, I think Easy Rider is coming out on the 28th of September. I'm not sure if it's going to be like the R2 version though. We'll just have to wait and see.