Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: On Oct. 13th, MacGuffinIt's been confirmed that Paramount will release special editions of The Untouchables, Top Gun, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut and Titanic. Untouchables and Top Gun are planned for 2004, with Untouchables at least due early in the year. Don't expect Titanic before the end of 2004 at the earliest however. And yes, these will all feature anamorphic widescreen transfers.

From The Digital Bits:

We've gotten word from the studio that their Untouchables: Special Collector's Edition, which had tentatively been slated for July, may now get pushed back to later in 2004. We'll update you when we hear anything new on the title.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

The film noir box set sounds fantastic. I love the idea of current directors commenting on older films. We need more of that.

Somebody should lock PTA into a room for a weekend and have him do tracks on all the films on his recommendations list.

cine

Quote from: Find Your MagaliSomebody should lock PTA into a room for a weekend and have him do tracks on all the films on his recommendations list.
... And that's all?

joeybdot

I've been waiting for this for a very long while![/img]

What an uninspired way to sell the movie. Wait for the second part to be released a few months later. Yuck.
context, context, context.

SoNowThen

According to Universal's Web Site, they will be releasing five films noirs on July 6th. Each will retail for $14.98. No specs are announced (or it may be that they're barebones). Also, no listing of a box set.

This Gun for Hire (Frank Tuttle/1942)
Double Indemnity (Billy Wilder/1944)
The Black Angel (Roy William Neill/1946)
The Big Clock (John Farrow/1948)
Criss Cross (Robert Siodmak/1949)
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

Quote from: SoNowThen
Double Indemnity (Billy Wilder/1944)
*shits pants, as i've been waiting for this day forever.  hopes this news is true.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

On 7/27, look for High Art ( :multi: )and The Celebration (SRP $19.98 each).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Quote from: MacGuffinOn 7/27, look for The Celebration (SRP $19.98 each).

Thanks Mac, I have a strong attraction to this paticular dogme 95 film. I saw it for the first time at a screening during my first month at film school and it had a huge effect on me. So I am extremely happy about this coming out.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Warner Bros. have just announced a two disc special edition of The Lost Boys which stars Kiefer Sutherland, Jason Patric, Corey Haim and Corey Feldman. This newly remastered two disc special edition will be available to own from the 10th August this year, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $26.99. The full disc specs for this vampire cult favorite are attached below.

Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Track
Audio Commentary by director Joel Schumacher
Multi-Angle Video Commentary with Corey Haim, Corey Feldman and Jamison Newlander
The Lost Boys: A Retrospective Documentary
Vamping Out: The Undead Creations of Greg Cannom
Inside the Vampire’s Cave Featurette
Selection of Deleted Scenes
The Vampire’s Photo Gallery
A Director’s Vision Feature:
  - Comedy vs. Horror
  - Fresh Blood:  A New Look at Vampires
  - The Lost Boys Sequel?
The Return of Sam and the Frog Brothers
Haimster & Feldog: The Story of the 2 Coreys
A World of Vampires: Interactive Ancient Map
Lost In the Shadows by Lou Gramm

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

Quote from: MacGuffinOn 7/27, look for High Art ( :multi: )and The Celebration (SRP $19.98 each).

Hey, how did you know what I looked like when I heard that High Art was getting a DVD release??  :)
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

Quote from: godardianHey, how did you know what I looked like when I heard that High Art was getting a DVD release??  :)

Well, duh, he's rainbow colored.  :yabbse-wink:

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: godardianHey, how did you know what I looked like when I heard that High Art was getting a DVD release??  :)

Well, duh, he's rainbow colored.  :yabbse-wink:

:lol:
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffinWarner Bros. have just announced a two disc special edition of The Lost Boys

Multi-Angle Video Commentary with Corey Haim, Corey Feldman

damn thats cool...  i  wonder if haim will discuss why the production designer stuck a pictrure of the  generic 80's body builder stud w/the patrick swayze haircut on his closet door in the film...

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls