Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

bonanzataz

i hope that dial m for murder is in 3D. that'd be pretty awesome.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Miramax Home Entertainment have now released the artwork for the upcoming collector's edition release of hit comedy Flirting With Disaster which stars the likes of Alan Alda, Patricia Arquette; Tea Leoni and Ben Stiller. The disc will be available to own from the 1st June and should retail at around $29.99. I'm afraid we don't have the disc specs for this one yet, although we're expecting the official announcement very shortly. For now though, here's our first look at the official region one package artwork:

MGM Home Entertainment have revised artwork for the Robocop Trilogy which will be arriving this June. Extras on the first Robocop film will include an an audio commentary with director Paul Verhoeven, producer Jon Davidson, and screenwriter Ed Neumeier, as well as a number of deleted scenes, featurettes and more:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

looking at Patricia Arquette makes SoNowThen happy...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

abuck1220

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: themodernage02holy shit.  basically ANYTHING thats not a 2 disc WB movie with tons of extras DONT BUY IT!!!! shit, i'm going to have to re-buy a handful of those and am currently updating my wishlist to make sure i dont buy anything currently being worked on for a SE!!!

awesome..

Coming in 2004
-Blazing Saddles: SE (1974) [Summer; "Wait 'til you hear the bean scene (in 5.1)"]
-Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)
-GoodFellas: SE
-Hitchcock 7-film box set
-The Lost Boys: SE (1987)
-Mean Streets: SE (1973) ["Sooner than you think"]
-The Shawshank Redemption: 10th Anniversary (1994) [Closely working w/ Darabont]

Coming in 2005
-Batman: SE (1989) [Cross promote w/ 2005 film]

Coming in 2006
-The Searchers: 50th Anniversary SE (1956) [w/ other Wayne/Ford titles]

Being Worked on No Date
-Bonnie and Clyde: SE (1967)
-Bringing Up Baby (1938)
-Gone With the Wind: 2-Disc SE (1939) [w/ Ultra-Resolution process, "mind boggling"]
-King Kong: 2-Disc SE (1933) [Being painstakingly restored; "Will blow you away"; "Kong will now fall from the Empire State Building without gaps"]
-Stagecoach: SE (1939) [restoration planned]
-Strangers on a Train: SE (1951) [being restored]
-The Wild Bunch: SE (1969) [Peckinpah promotion]

I gasped and crapped and creamed my pants at the same time.

how about the film noir series? out of the past?! and the set up w/ a scorsese commentary?!

SoNowThen

A noir boxset is like a dream come true.

One question for all the Macs in the know:

is T-Men gonna be included? Cos I just ordered the old disc off of Amazon...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Ravi
-The Lost Boys: SE (1987)

...I  DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS BUT THE LOST BOYS  SE...... BROUGHT THE BIGGST SMILE TO MY FACE....

modage

Title: Cop Land
Released: 1st June 2004

Further Details
Miramax Home Entertainment have also just this minute announced the upcoming collector's edition release of Cop Land which includes a never before seen one hundred and sixteen minute director's cut of the movie. This action thriller will also be available to own from the 1st June this year, and will again retail at around $19.99. I'm afraid we don't have the artwork quite yet, but we'll bring you that shortly. For now though, here are the full disc specs for this brand new Miramax release:

-1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
-English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Track
-Commentary with Director, Producer & Sylvestor Stallone & Robert Patrick
-Deleted Scenes with Optional Filmmaker Commentary
-Storyboard Sequence for the Shootout
-The Making of an Urban Western Featurette
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

Good, cos that movie never gets the credit it deserves.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: SoNowThenGood, cos that movie never gets the credit it deserves.

your right man........i  can't wait for this one

modage

i dont know if it's been mentioned or if anyone else cares, but the previously OOP Duel In The Sun is getting a re-release by MGM on May 25th.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

april the 6th, be there.

dvd file review

Alethia

Quote from: themodernage02i dont know if it's been mentioned or if anyone else cares, but the previously OOP Duel In The Sun is getting a re-release by MGM on May 25th.

oh yes yes yes yes yes yes YES

MacGuffin

Easy Riders, Raging Bulls is coming

Shout! Factory has secured the rights for the 2003 documentary chronicling the revolution in Easy Riders, Raging Bulls: How the Sex, Drugs and Rock 'N' Roll Generation Saved Hollywood.

After the changes in the MPAA in 1967, film changed quickly and the stars of the film became the directors who dared to tread new ground.

The DVD will contain no features, but will premiere in time to coincide with the Trio Network marathon of films from the documentary. The DVD will arrive on May 10th.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

^^^

How is this? How does it compare to Decade Under The Influence? And should I buy either?

SoNowThen

In reference to the noir box set mentioned by either mac or mod before:

www.dvdtimes.org.uk/conte...ntid=11131

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Film Noir Classic Collection for 27th July 2004. Five of the hardboiled genre's greatest hits featuring tough guys and femme fatales including Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas, Dick Powell, Robert Ryan and Marilyn Monroe, have been digitally remastered for their WHV DVD debuts. Available in both a five-disc set, for $49.92 SRP, or individually for $19.97 SRP, the DVDs feature commentaries from directors Robert Wise and Martin Scorsese and actor James Whitmore as well as other film noir experts Alain Silver, Jim Ursini and Glenn Erickson.

The films...

The Asphalt Jungle (1950) - Nominated for four Academy Awards® and long considered a noir classic, John Huston's heist film about a million-dollar jewelry store burglary stars Sterling Hayden, Louis Calhern, James Whitmore and features an early appearance by Marilyn Monroe in just her seventh film.

The DVD bonus material includes an introduction by John Huston, commentary by USC Cinema History professor Drew Casper with James Whitmore and the theatrical trailer.

Murder, My Sweet (1944) - Starring Dick Powell and Claire Trevor, the film captures perfectly the sharp wit and style of Raymond Chandler's novel Farewell, My Lovely, about a gumshoe Philip Marlowe searching for a missing moll named Velma. Renamed so American filmgoers wouldn't mistake it as a Powell musical; it turned the actor's career around, helping him to shun his choir-boy image. Edward Dmytryk directed.

The DVD extra content includes commentary by film noir expert and Prime Suspects producer Alain Silver and the theatrical trailer.

The Set-Up (1944) - Robert Wise directs noir icons Robert Ryan and Audrey Totter in the movie, set in boxing's palooka world, about a down-on-his luck fighter who thinks he's one bout away from the big payoff.

The DVD bonus material includes commentary by Robert Wise and Martin Scorsese.

Out Of The Past (1947) - Another definitive noir classic (remade in 1984 as "Against All Odds" with Jeff Bridges and Rachel Ward) about a trio to reckon with – a troubled PI (Robert Mitchum), a drop-dead beauty (Jane Greer) and a moneyed mobster (Kirk Douglas). Mitchum plays Jeff Bailey, the private eye hired to find mobster Whit Sterling's (Douglas) mistress Kathie (Greer) who had shot Whit and absconded with $40,000. The film winds up in Acapulco...where the luscious Kathie makes Jeff forget all about Sterling.

The DVD extra content includes commentary by film noir expert Jim Ursini.

Gun Crazy (1949) - Peggy Cummins and John Dall star in this cult favorite, shockingly dark and brutal for its time, directed by Joseph H. Lewis. A searing forerunner to Bonnie and Clyde, the film tells the story of a gun-obsessed twosome who meet at a carnival, run off to get married and then commit a string of daring robberies across the country. The screenplay was adapted by MacKinlay Kantor from his magazine article and was co-written by the blacklisted Dalton Trumbo, credited under the name Millard Kaufman.

The DVD bonus material includes commentary by film noir expert Glenn Erickson.