Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Cecil

Quote from: RegularKarate
those fuckers just want all our money...

finally! the secrets of capitalism revealed!!

bonanzataz

DAMN THOSE 20TH CENTURY FOX BASTARDS AND THEIR CLEVER LITTLE SCHEMES!

I actually watch special features once and then they're totally useless, so that thought will ease the pain...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Duck SauceA special edition compared to what?.

Compared to the VHS version, I'm guessing. But seriously, would you buy it if it didn't call itself "special"?

I wouldnt buy it period. Do they still even make VHS?

Pedro

Compared to the VHS version, I'm guessing. But seriously, would you buy it if it didn't call itself "special"?

I wouldnt buy it period. Do they still even make VHS?

They still make it.  But i only see them at Walmart.  Speaking of Walmart...has anyone seen the dvd of fight club they're selling there?  It has a different cover and no second disc.  Im not even sure if it has the commentary.   :cry:

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat.  Speaking of Walmart...has anyone seen the dvd of fight club they're selling there?  It has a different cover and no second disc.  Im not even sure if it has the commentary.

I don't think it does, but that thing's not just at Walmart, it's all over the place... In fact I see that version for sale more than I see the good one.  It's cheap though... some people don't care about special features.

Duck Sauce

Im pretty sure they replaced the deluxe version with this new shit one. Sphinx? Mac?

picolas

it's gone...

Recently, Fox announced that several special edition DVDs would be getting "downgraded" to more consumer friendly, single disc editions that would boast few or none of the extra features that proved so vital to the success of the current "Fight Club" DVD. Fox representatives have informed the public that the last day "Fight Club: SE" will be available for purchase is August 27, 2002.

http://www.petitiononline.com/fcdvd/petition.html

sphinx

MacGuffin

Fox has yet to announce the street dates, but here's your first look:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx

i strongly approve of this

RegularKarate

Nice covers - I never really like Barton Fink too much, but that's still a good cover

polkablues

It's about freakin' time...  I've been waiting for the Barton Fink DVD for years.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Dirk

From dvdfile.com: "Artisan Entertainment has announced a new Extreme Edition of the Cameron classic for release on June 20th, just in time for the debut of Terminator 3: The Rise of the Machines. What more they will be adding to this one is not yet known, but stay tuned.

:roll:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Redlum

The video will be presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen and the disc will carry both Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS-ES 6.1 soundtracks. Extra features will include all those carried on the original release, including a commentary track with 26 members of the case & crew; "The Making of T2" documentary, "T2: More Than Meets the Eye" featurette, "T2: 3D: Breaking the Screen Barrier" featurette, over an hour of supplemental material, the full screenplay, a complete set of over 700 storyboards and trailers. In addition there will be new extras, including some Terminator 3 materials. The suggested retail price has yet to be confirmed.

www.dvdreviewer.co.uk
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

bonanzataz

Excellent. Totally not buying it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls