Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

modage

There's some more great new Fox news as well today. In addition to My Darling Clementine, which we mentioned on Friday, 20th Century Fox is also releasing The Diary of Anne Frank (on 2/4), Peyton Place (3/2) and The Grapes of Wrath (4/6) as part of their Studio Classics series. All will have audio commentary and Movietone newsreel footage.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

coffeebeetle

This sounds fantastic...especially the Sierra Madre release.  Thanks alot guys.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Find Your Magali

Question: "The Safety of Objects" is coming out on DVD in a couple of weeks (Oct. 14). ... I heard some good things about it when it was released, but it never came to theaters around here.

Sooooooooooo, for those of you who saw it, what did you think?

modage

Quote from: Find Your MagaliSooooooooooo, for those of you who saw it, what did you think?

http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1596
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: Find Your MagaliSooooooooooo, for those of you who saw it, what did you think?

http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1596

If you're be a Mini-Mac, modernage, at least redirect correctly. He's talking about this film:
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0256359/
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

It's been confirmed that Paramount will release special editions of The Untouchables, Top Gun, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut and Titanic. Untouchables and Top Gun are planned for 2004, with Untouchables at least due early in the year. Don't expect Titanic before the end of 2004 at the earliest however. And yes, these will all feature anamorphic widescreen transfers.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

I'm mostly excited about the latter two...I can't wait to see what extra features they put on South Park, and I've been wanting to see Titanic again for a while now, and this will provide a good opportunity.

bonanzataz

i KNEW it was the right decision to hold out on the south park dvd when it first came out. now the special edition is finally here... and i really don't care. unless it's got trey and matt commentary. they're always reliably funny.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ono

Ugh, I just bought South Park: B, L, U a couple months ago, too.  Oh well, it was only $9.99.  Hope I can sell it off or something before I pick up the new edition.

MacGuffin

January 27th is the arrival for a new Masterpiece Edition of the Disney classic Alice in Wonderland. Buena Vista Home Entertainment will stock this perennial favorite with two full discs worth of goodies: remastered 1.33:1 full screen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track, all-new introductions, the "One Hour in Wonderland" and "The Fred Waring Show" specials, the "An Alice Comedy: Alice's Wonderland" and "Operation Wonderland" featurettes, abandoned concepts, deleted storyboards, song demos, an art gallery, "Virtual Wonderland Party" activities, two sing-alongs, the "Adventures in Wonderland" interactive game, a bonus "Through the Mirror" animated short, and theatrical trailers. Retail is $29.95.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Kick Ass!! Is Robin Hood gonna get this treatment?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

Fans of The Marx Brothers are in for a treat as Warner Home Video will release seven classic films onto DVD this year. Due on May 4th, the titles include A Night at the Opera, A Day at the Races, A Night in Casablanca, and the double features Room Service/At the Circus and Go West/The Big Store. Each disc will include remastered video and audio and a bounty of bonus materials, including audio commentaries (Leonard Maltin on A Night at the Opera and "The Marx Brothers Encyclopedia" author Glenn Mitchell for A Day at the Races), new documentaries, vintage MGM shorts, classic cartoons and more. Each disc will retail $19.97, or you can pick up a boxed set package of all five discs for $59.92.

picolas

Myxo

In case this hasn't been posted anywhere..

1/30/04

Yep... Star Wars time again. The Rebel Scum fan website is reporting that in recent presentations at London's Toy Fair event, Lucasfilm marketing partner TLC Marketing revealed once again that Lucasfilm plans to release Episodes 4, 5 and 6 on DVD format in October or November of 2004. This is just one more piece in a puzzle that's now growing very large and surprisingly clear. Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox aren't commenting on the rumors about the DVD release of the original trilogy, but our industry sources are just giving us too much independent confirmation that the release is in the works. We feel very confident now that it's the real deal - that the Star Wars films ARE finally coming to DVD later in 2004.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

cine

Quote from: themodernage02Fans of The Marx Brothers are in for a treat as Warner Home Video will release seven classic films onto DVD this year. Due on May 4th, the titles include A Night at the Opera, A Day at the Races, A Night in Casablanca, and the double features Room Service/At the Circus and Go West/The Big Store.
Where the hell is Duck Soup?!