Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Rudie Obias

this movie was suppose to play in cleveland but it didn't and now its coming soon to dvd.  just another movie that comes out on dvd before it plays in theaters in cleveland.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

meatwad

I hate when they put a character that is not the main one and have her in the front of the poster, while jason schwartzman is in the background. Britney Murphy is a shit actress

moonshiner

Quote from: MeatwadBritney Murphy is a shit actress

I disagree.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

SoNowThen

I like her rack. It's fun to look at.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

godardian

Quote from: moonshiner
Quote from: MeatwadBritney Murphy is a shit actress

I disagree.

Yeah, me too. Let us not forget she provides us with the ecstatically squealing voice of Luann on King of the Hill.

In addition to her work in Girl, Interrupted, etc. Maybe not Actress No. 1, but shit? No.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Dirk

From dvdfile.com:"At long last for Coen Brothers fans, September 30th will see the release of a new special edition of the Oscar-winning Fargo. Featuring a new 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer and English and French 5.1 Dolby surround tracks, extras include an audio commentary with director of photography Roger Deakins, an interview with the Coen Brothers and Frances McDormand, a subtitle trivia track, the new documentary "Minnesota Nice," a still gallery, trailers, "hidden" menus and more surprises. Retail is $24.95. "
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

godardian

Okay, I bought Taxi Driver twice. I bought Carrie twice. I bought Blue Velvet twice. I bought Rushmore twice.

And I bought Fargo twice- ALREADY!

Goddamn you, you stingy, money-grubbing studios! I'll be watching "Minnesota Nice" while you rot- in HELL! [/i]
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

sphinx

oh my.

The relentless assault continues on September 16th as New Line Home Entertainment finally releases the long-delayed Mr. Show movie Run Ronnie Run! The DVD includes a 1.85:1 widescreen transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, deleted scenes, the Three Times One Minus One music video, lots of hidden Easter eggs, and bonus trailers. Retail is $24.98

i wonder what bob and david think of this?  nothing is mentioned on their website about it at all...

godardian

For me right now, it's all about About Schmidt, Strangers with Candy, and Ali: Fear Eats the Soul.

And, of course, Punch-Drunk Love.

MacGuffin

Some interesting details for you on Disney's forthcoming The Lion King: Platinum Edition DVD (street date 10/7). The disc, which has been in production for well over a year now, will include new interviews with Elton John and Tim Rice. You'll get a look at several deleted scenes, in the form of original storyboards, which were never fully completed. The discs' animated menus reportedly feature both new traditional cell and CG animation. The character of Zazu hosts the menus on Disc One, for example, and explains what you'll find on the disc. Using the latest digital technology, the filmmakers have apparently restored and "added more detail" to the image, to bring more clarity and vibrancy to the film. In addition, a special Enhanced Home Theater sound mix has been created for the first time on this DVD release, that is specially designed to "envelop the listener in the sound" and enhance the emotional impact of the film. You will be able to choose to view either the original theatrical version of the film or the new special edition version (with the new musical number, Morning Report, created by the original filmmakers). And, for BOTH versions of the film, you will be able to choose to listen to either the original theatrical audio, or the new Enhanced Home Theater mix. Here's the cover...

Here's also a look at The Lion King: Special Edition Collector's Gift Set, which will include the DVD, plus 5 exclusive character portrait drawings signed and sketched by the original animators and a new The Lion King: Special Edition book, all contained in a custom slipsleeve case. SRP is $49.99. It streets the same day.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

yipee, i'll buy it. it comes out on 10/7. that's like what, 11 months from now or somethin.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Reed Rothchild

I know they are gonna release the John Hughes Films Special Editions thats why I am trying to fight my urge to buy them@!!
You know, people tell me I kind of look like Han Solo.

DVD Collection

MacGuffin

Just in from Warner Home Video is some great news for classic movie fans. On September 30th, Warner will issue the first three titles in their new "A Night at the Movies" line of two-disc special edition. These sets will attempt to recreate the old-time movie experience with additional supplements such as shorts, newsreels, cartoons and trailers from yesteryear.

Each of the following gets fully restored transfers in their original aspect ratios, plus tons of extras. The Adventures of Robin Hood includes an audio commentary by historian Rudy Behlmer, a music-only track, the 60-minute documentary "Glorious Technicolor," the 65th anniversary documentary "Welcome to Sherwood: The Story of The Adventures of Robin Hood" the Looney Tunes cartoons "Rabbit Hood" and "Robin Hood Daffy," additional shorts including "Cavalcade of Archery" and "The Cruise of the Zaca," the featurettes "Robin Hood Through the Ages" and "A Journey to Sherwood Forest," outtakes and bloopers, a Robin Hood National Radio Broadcast, audio-only excerpts of composer KorngoldÕs piano lessons, and theatrical trailers for 12 Errol Flynn movies.

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre will include an audio commentary by Humphrey Bogart biographer Eric Lax, the documentary "John Huston: The Man, the Movies, the Maverick," the featurette "Discovering Treasure: The Story of The Treasure of the Sierra Madre," the Looney Tunes shorts "8 Ball Bunny," "Hot Cross Bunny" and "So You Want to be a Detective," scoring sessions outtakes, a 1949 Lux Radio Theater broadcast of the story," a vintage newsreel plus theatrical trailers for 12 Bogart classics.

Finally, Yankee Doodle Dandy will include an commentary by historian Rudy Behlmer, the documentary "James Cagney: Top of the World" hosted by Michael J. Fox, the "Let Freedom Sing!: The Story of Yankee Doodle Dandy" documentary, the Looney Tunes shorts "Yankee Doodle Daffy," "Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid" and "Yankee Doodle Bugs," the wartime shorts "Beyond the Line of Duty" and "You, John Jones" starring James Cagney and Greer Garson, audio-only outtakes and rehearsals, the 1942 Lady Esther Screen Guild Theater Radio Show with cast members, a vintage newsreel plus trailers for Casablanca and 7 other Cagney films. Retail is $26.95 each.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

The latest in Fox's Studio Classics series, November 4th will see the release of the perennial favorite "Laura". Presented in a newly remastered 1.37:1 full screen and 2.0 stereo, extras include two audio commentaries with David Raskin and Janine Basinger and the second with Rudy Behlmer, the Biography special with Jean Tierney and Vincent Price, a restoration comparison, MovieTone newsreel, still gallery and trailers. Retail is $19.95.

WooHoo!! Now if they would release "Leave Her To Heaven".

Skeleton FilmWorks