Elbow

Started by Sigur Rós, August 24, 2003, 01:27:45 PM

Sigur Rós

Any fans?
Their new cd is  :wink: ! If you like Sigur Rós, Mogwai, Spritualized etc. Then you should check this band out!

Band site

Dirk

Quote from: SigurAny fans?
Their new cd is  :wink: ! If you like Sigur Rós, Mogwai, Spritualized etc. Then you should check this band out!

Yeah, both albums are great. I prefer Asleep in the Back though. I dunno if fans of Mogwai will really be into this that much, they're not that similar. Fans of Coldplay would probably like them a lot as their sound is very comparable.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: DirkFans of Coldplay would probably like them a lot as their sound is very comparable.

Perhabs the first, but not the new album. I would rather compare their sound to Spiritualized. The new cd is perhabs the best album of 2003

Sigur Rós

Quote from: gwai
their (or his) music sounds like you were on a open freeway and suddenly a large truck came charging towards you. and that you have no options to survive.

Hehe, interesting perspective! I think their music sounds optimistic...

Sleuth

Quote from: Sigur
Quote from: gwai
their (or his) music sounds like you were on a open freeway and suddenly a large truck came charging towards you. and that you have no options to survive.

Hehe, interesting perspective! I think their music sounds optimistic...

Definitely optimistic and full of regrets
I like to hug dogs