The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Started by underdog, February 27, 2003, 10:14:59 AM

underdog

they should of make a movie on the hobbit(i know there a cartoon one) because in "lord of the rings" they made Bilbo Baggin look like a wuss. in the hobbit he the hero!.....

peace
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

MacGuffin

What's next for Peter Jackson? He says he has six or seven ideas for movies, "all of them small." But he denies rumours that he has refused to direct The Hobbit, the first Tolkien Middle-earth book, which served as a prologue to The Lord of the Rings.

"Part of me would love to have somebody else make The Hobbit, so I could watch it as an audience member," Jackson says. "On the other hand, it would feel odd.

"Nobody has asked me to do it, but if they did, I would give it serious consideration."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Raikus

I thought that PJ originally approached studios about doing "The Hobbit," and that that idea eventually led to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Am I imagining things or did someone else hear that too?

And it would make sense that New Line Cinema would own the rights to "The Hobbit" since they gobbled up all the rights to the LOTR trilogy.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

ReelHotGames

Quote from: underdogthey should of make a movie on the hobbit(i know there a cartoon one) because in "lord of the rings" they made Bilbo Baggin look like a wuss. in the hobbit he the hero!.....

peace

That's the point! Bilbo was not an adventurer, he was along for the ride and BECAME a hero through his actions. And Bilbo was frightened being lost and alone and in the darkness of gollum's cave, that was very accurate to the book except without the meeting between the two with the battle of riddles.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

sphinx

jackson will have a hard time recovering from lord of the rings.  he'll never work on some as big on his career (it's probably drained him a lot by now), so i'm really curious to see what'll he'll do next and if it works.  hopefully he won't pull a james cameron and just disappear from the directing scene after an enormous hit

picolas

Quote from: sphinxhopefully he won't pull a james cameron and just disappear from the directing scene after an enormous hit

speaking of which, WwwWHAaaAT?!?!

MacGuffin

Quote from: sphinxjackson will have a hard time recovering from lord of the rings.  he'll never work on some as big on his career (it's probably drained him a lot by now), so i'm really curious to see what'll he'll do next and if it works.

Variety talked to Lord of the Rings writer & producer Fran Walsh, who sheds some light on what's next after the trilogy. "Peter's already very much engaged in 'Return of the King,' and I know he's most proud of the last movie," Walsh said.

They'll next make a small, true story in the vein of Heavenly Creatures, says the trade. One candidate is "As Nature Made Him" which is the true story of a New Zealand doctor who thought he'd found the perfect subject to test his theory that gender can be assigned to newborns. He switched the gender of an eight-month old who was deformed down below in a circumcision mishap.

"The boy was remade and raised as a girl, and it's the story of how that experiment ended so disastrously," Walsh said. Variety adds that Walsh and Jackson will also try to attract other films to their production and fx studios used for "Rings." They need to keep things going until they regain the energy to mount their remake of King Kong.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

Wonders if there ever will be a day when everything dumb about the ridiculous lord of the rings movies will ever stop. Oh, fuck, there is still a movie left. Fuck you Peter Jackson! Heavenly Creatures was good, but now this shit? OK, fanboy rage gone, but they were still shit movies.

~rougerum

Ernie

I can't wait for the LOTR hype to be over myself...back to quietly collecting dust on library shelves and in fanboy's closets. I swear, nobody EVER talked about the retarded fucking trilogy until the movies started getting made.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ebeaman69I can't wait for the LOTR hype to be over myself...back to quietly collecting dust on library shelves and in fanboy's closets. I swear, nobody EVER talked about the retarded fucking trilogy until the movies started getting made.

Totally agree. I gave the first LOTR a chance and found it to be terrible. It seemed like a video game, just going from one place to another fighting, it got really old really quick.

Pwaybloe

RegularKarate

Quote from: PawbloeDamn... what a bunch of whiners.

No shit... Jesus fucking christ, we get it!  You don't like Lord of the Rings... you don't like movies that would associate you with the mainstream, we understand, you don't have to keep saying it.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: RegularKarate

you don't like movies that would associate you with the mainstream, .

That is not true

Ernie

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: PawbloeDamn... what a bunch of whiners.

No shit... Jesus fucking christ, we get it!  You don't like Lord of the Rings... you don't like movies that would associate you with the mainstream, we understand, you don't have to keep saying it.

Oh christ man...sorry, fuck. I won't say it anymore, my bad. Duck Sauce is right though, it is not true...I don't think the mainstream is all bad...I do like Spider Man, among others.

Ernie

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: ebeaman69Sorry sorry sorry...I was just saying...I'll stop now, ok. I don't want to fight over the internet. I wish I hadn't fucking said anything...I always say the wrong fucking thing. I got an idea yesterday though...this is my idea...

I vow on february the 28th of 2003 that from now on that I will think before I say ANYTHING at all controversial. You can quote me on that...put it in your signature as a reminder. Seriously, you can ban me if I don't stick to it.

We're not gonna ban you because you expressed your feelings against a movie. You have to come up with some more dramatic than that. :wink:

Just chill and enjoy posting on the board.

Oh, thanks man, it's just that...they are right, I'll admit it....this isn't the first time I've bashed LOTR. RegularKarate reminded me of that...he is right. It has been established that I hate LOTR and I can shut up about it now and that's what I plan to do. I just wanted to apologize for that. See, I shouldn't have even gone into this thread knowing it was about LOTR. I can't even explain how I think and why I do the things I do sometimes. I just wanted to apologize. I didn't think you guys would ban me.