Sin City

Started by metroshane, March 16, 2004, 06:57:43 PM

nineteenseventyseven

Weak2ndAct, what is that picture of Gugino from?
If it is actually from Sin City, how did you get it?
I waste time.

Ghostboy

It's a screen grab from the showreel that was online briefly in September/October, which was discussed a few pages back in this thread.

Henry Hill

This movie is going to be Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow cool!  Nothing like we have ever seen.   :-D

brockly

context, context, context.

matt35mm

Exactly.

He's also gonna be the "Special Guest Director" for the season finale of CSI.

Raikus

Link to newest trailer

This movie is going to be fantastic.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

modage

Quote from: RaikusLink to newest trailer

This movie is going to be fantastic.
god, i hope so.  this new trailer looks even 100 times cooler than the other one.  plus, i didnt know rutger hauer was in this.  or michael madsen.  if this movie ends up being even HALF as cool as it looks, it will rule.  it could very easily suck though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

El Duderino

"Special Guest Director Quentin Tarantino"

tisk tisk
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Myxo

Looks great and the new trailer sure is cut alot quicker..

brockly

Quote from: themodernage02it could very easily suck though.
betcha it will

matt35mm

It looks so very artificial in parts.  Not only can you tell that the backgrounds were added in later (which is obvious, since they're so stylized), but you can tell that the actors are acting in front of a big green or blue screen.  There's a sort of hollowness to the image.

That said, it looks like it could be cool.  If not for the stylization, then for (hopefully) the gritty nature of the comic that the movie promises to stay true to.  I like the style a lot, but it's just strange to look at because even in "exteriors," you can tell that they're performing on a stage.

Gamblour.

The car scenes were getting to me. When that one flips...fake, fake, fake. I couldn't buy a lot of it. It seems like a movie with so much atmosphere would benefit from being grounded, but it's too loose and digital. Dunno, as has been said, maybe this will benefit from style. I just want some damn atmosphere.
WWPTAD?

Raikus

Watch it in the rain then.

I happen to think the digital lends itself beautifully to the comic style. What makes this look great is that the atmosphere is trying to be the book's atmosphere. It's not trying to root itself in the real world like all the other comic adaptations.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RaikusLink to newest trailer
's a direct link if anyone wants it.