Lost in Translation

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, September 07, 2003, 11:51:23 PM

Redlum

I saw this last Saturday and I still can't get it (or 'her') out of my head. This happened with The Virgin Suicides, too, except slightly different because that was more of a haunting, this is more like an infatuation. Both of Sofia Coppolas films are extremely intoxicating to me, though. Anyonelse have this, how long does it last?
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Chest Rockwell

Holy shit, edlum! I'm totally infatuated with LIT, too, though I'll give the movie more credit and say I love her. It happened Saturday when I was watching it, during the Karaoke scene....that was when I realized I had it. I'm not sure yet how long it lasts...

snaporaz

kotte

"Lip my stockings. Prease, Prease, Prease."

I mean how hard can it be?? It's 'L' and 'R's for christ sake.

I care alot about this film.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: kotte"Lip my stockings. Prease, Prease, Prease."

They're Japanese, there's no difference. "Light" and "Right" are the same word to them. It's just their phonetics.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Pas

Argghhhhh that DVD cover is AWFULLLLLL !! God I'm so disturbed

xerxes

Quote from: ranemaka13
Quote from: kotte"Lip my stockings. Prease, Prease, Prease."

They're Japanese, there's no difference. "Light" and "Right" are the same word to them. It's just their phonetics.

that's not exactly true... there is just no L sound in the japanese language... thus that sounds is usually hard for them to pronounce.

Myxo

Quote from: snaporazdvd cover sucks.

UGGGHHH..

I totally agree. Criterion could do wonders with the art from the film..

Jeremy Blackman

It's moments like this that I'm glad I no longer work at a video store.

kotte

Why cover 1/5 of it with a quote?

But other than I think it's fine.

Chest Rockwell

I kinda like it except for that big friggin' white blob at the top. I think they should have used that one poster with the side of Scarlett's face to in the fore ground and then all the Tokynese(?) buildings in the back ground. I always liked that poster. Or they could have used some simple Japanese painting....that'd be kinda cool....the ideas or endless.

Redlum

I think Ghostboy's idea of using the opening shot was the best.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

snaporaz

the original poster art would be great, but if they're going with that image, i would have preferred something less tight & cluttered, and not as bright or delightful looking, like the soundtrack cover art.

Banky

anybody have a link to some good lit wallpaper?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.