Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

Tictacbk

Yes this show is fantastic.  I don't think its the best show on tv, but its certainly top notch and ridiculously entertaining.  These last few episodes have blown me away.  This show is so good at handling tension.

"Jesse, your actions, they affect other people."

I think that quote from Walt about sums it up.  He's gotta realize that just as much as Jesse does.  I'm of the opinion that with Walt's rise up every single person close to him will suffer greatly.  In the next few seasons he'll lose everything and everyone but his cancer will still remain in remission.

Its only a matter of time before something happens to Walt Jr.

cine

Quote from: modage on June 07, 2010, 07:49:40 PM
I guess I need to start watching this show.  I watched Season 1 in an afternoon and didn't love it.  It was okay but seemed like it was trying too hard to be shocking.  Does it get better?

it gets better but only for people who don't think its trying too hard. if thats how you feel about the show, you won't like seasons 2 or 3 either. total waste of your time.

Pubrick

Quote from: cine on June 10, 2010, 01:52:52 AM
Quote from: modage on June 07, 2010, 07:49:40 PM
I guess I need to start watching this show.  I watched Season 1 in an afternoon and didn't love it.  It was okay but seemed like it was trying too hard to be shocking.  Does it get better?

it gets better but only for people who don't think its trying too hard. if thats how you feel about the show, you won't like seasons 2 or 3 either. total waste of your time.

yeah, keep in mind that modage might have been spoiled by the breakneck pacing of a show like mad men.

anything that moves faster than a rug on valium now seems like it's trying too hard to advance the story beyond a prolonged snore.
under the paving stones.

I Love a Magician

just realized how grateful i am that breaking bad doesn't use dream sequences like the sopranos and mad men.

jtm

what?!

it's gonna be a long summer.

Stefen

I'm at a loss for words. Yes, it's going to be the longest Summer ever waiting for season 4.

SPOILERS.

The thing that really got me was that all through the season, Jesse had said he was the bad guy. "I'm the bad guy." he'd say. He wasn't, though; he was the good guy. The one with the conscience. Walt, the brains, ends up merking dudes left and right; he's the bad guy. But Jesse ALWAYS had a conscience. He always knew right from wrong. Not anymore. Jesse is BAD and the only reason he's bad is to keep Walt alive. His tear-ridden face as he's about to kill Gale is something that will stay with me until the next season.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

Was anyone else under the impression the finale was until 10:40?
My TV schedule just showed Breaking Bad, with no mention of a new pilot. I thought that was crummy.
In my mind I was thinking that whatever happens there is still a bit of show left, so it really shocked me.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

jtm

i was under that impression as well.

i was kinda shocked when the credits started to roll.

I Love a Magician

yeah, that was a dumb marketing thing on AMC's part. showing rubicon after breakind bad isn't a horrible idea, but leading people to believe that they're getting a movie's worth of breaking bad was dumb.

wish this was 2015 and i was just plowing through seasons on this show on SUPER HD BLU RAY and just get on to season 4, which i expect to be twice as good as season 3 (an awesome season) for some reason.

cine

yea i was rub-duped too.

i was a bit miffed by the finale at first but then i was cool with it.

season 4 is gonna be a whole new beast altogether. no doubt it'll be the last of the series. everyone's gonna die and its gonna be grand.

tpfkabi

I was looking at Twitter right after and someone said it wasn't over, that they would air more BB after the preview of the new show. Since I couldn't remember credits rolling I half believed them and made sure I was watching at 10:40.  :yabbse-undecided:
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Tictacbk

Does anyone else have a hard time believing that Gus would ever give a shit about those 2 street level goons pushing "teenths" (thanks BB, I know the lingo now)?  I guess I'm fine with it because I like the action, but when you really think about it, it doesn't add up.  The guy deals with million dollar deals and Mexican drug cartels, why is he calling meetings in his office with foot soldiers?

Of course Walt shouldn't have done what he did, but Walts this apparently irreplaceable cook.  Why not just be like "Dude, that better not happen again, now get back to cooking you crazy bastard."  Is Gus really that unreasonable?  It all seemed a bit rushed to me. Though maybe that's because I was expecting 47 more minutes of episode.

Pozer

^ i kinda agree with hard sweets. off Walt the genius cook over ridding the world of a pair of whogivashits. part of the problem with the writing of this show is they come up with a great concept and run with it, sometimes not showing enough reasoning.

they couldve given Gus a few simple Gussy follow up lines to his "I would have dealt with them" such as, "I dont care that you are a genius. You don't go over my head. It's the principle of things. I will show you how replaceable you are." 

anyways, brilliant cliffhanger. you guys in the Justified thread sure are missing out.

Stefen

I think it's more that Walt and Jesse are causing more problems than they're worth. The meth is good and the reason Gus is at the top of the game right now. Anyone can cook meth, but not anyone can cook THAT kind of meth. He needs THAT meth in order to stay at the top, but he doesn't give a fuck who's cooking it. When Jesse and Walt are causing so many problems, they need to be dealt with. I don't think the problem was who they killed, but how many and how they did it. When you're leaving bodies in the streets it brings the police out, snooping around. That's why Mike kept telling Walt, "Get your fucking car fixed, idiot."

The dynamic between Gus and Walt is going to be interesting in season four. I always felt Gus liked Walt because of the circumstance. He knew Walt was smart and he knew his intentions for doing this weren't selfish, so that gave him an incentive to do business with him. When things started getting hectic, Gus made a play and gave him an assistant with the intention of the assistant taking over. The question is if Gus put Gale in place before with the intention of him taking over when Walt got too sick to cook or when he started causing too many problems. I don't think that was the case immediately, because if it was, he wouldn't have let Jesse be allowed into the fold. It was only AFTER everything goes down that he insists that Gale be Walts assistant with his secret intentions being to kill Walt as soon as Gale learns the recipe. Now that Walt knows what Gus is/was up to, it's going to be interesting to see how they react to one another.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

Quote from: Stefen on June 15, 2010, 01:19:45 PM
I think it's more that Walt and Jesse are causing more problems than they're worth. The meth is good and the reason Gus is at the top of the game right now. Anyone can cook meth, but not anyone can cook THAT kind of meth. He needs THAT meth in order to stay at the top, but he doesn't give a fuck who's cooking it. When Jesse and Walt are causing so many problems, they need to be dealt with. I don't think the problem was who they killed, but how many and how they did it. When you're leaving bodies in the streets it brings the police out, snooping around. That's why Mike kept telling Walt, "Get your fucking car fixed, idiot."

The dynamic between Gus and Walt is going to be interesting in season four. I always felt Gus liked Walt because of the circumstance. He knew Walt was smart and he knew his intentions for doing this weren't selfish, so that gave him an incentive to do business with him. When things started getting hectic, Gus made a play and gave him an assistant with the intention of the assistant taking over. The question is if Gus put Gale in place before with the intention of him taking over when Walt got too sick to cook or when he started causing too many problems. I don't think that was the case immediately, because if it was, he wouldn't have let Jesse be allowed into the fold. It was only AFTER everything goes down that he insists that Gale be Walts assistant with his secret intentions being to kill Walt as soon as Gale learns the recipe. Now that Walt knows what Gus is/was up to, it's going to be interesting to see how they react to one another.

what stefen said.

nobody has said if gale was shot or not, at least to me is not very clear, when jesse pulls the trigger he moves the gun a little from his target, but who knows...

man the 10 month wait for S4 already is unbearable, longest wait indeed.