hey, RETURN TO OZ is great!!
it is.

it really is.
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

We forgot this one:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110168/

My Summer Story...11 years after A Christmas Story

with Charles Grodin, Two Culkins and Mary Steenburgen, how could you go wrong?
WWPTAD?

socketlevel

"far away so close" is a washed up sequel to "wings of desire"

it's fucking horrible.  and then an equally horrible remake, "city of angels" later.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

SiliasRuby

I saw the orinal predator, is predator 2 (which is getting a Collector's edition DVD on January 25th) worth watching?..anybody?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

socketlevel

Quote from: SiliasRubyI saw the orinal predator, is predator 2 (which is getting a Collector's edition DVD on January 25th) worth watching?..anybody?

i haven't seen it since it came out but i remember kind of liking some of what it had to offer.  I kind of like how danny glover was the replacement for arnold.  mind you, looking at it now i'd probably see more flaws in it.  hope that helps out.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Ravi

Quote from: SiliasRubyI saw the orinal predator, is predator 2 (which is getting a Collector's edition DVD on January 25th) worth watching?..anybody?

Couldn't stand P2.   Loved the first one.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: socketlevel

i haven't seen it since it came out but i remember kind of liking some of what it had to offer.  I kind of like how danny glover was the replacement for arnold.  mind you, looking at it now i'd probably see more flaws in it.  hope that helps out.

-sl-

Quote from: raviCouldn't stand P2. Loved the first one.
Thanks so much. I'll knock it off my wish list.

My Collection

NEON MERCURY

predator 2 sucks ass.  trust me.  i loved this first one.  danny glover doesnt do a convincing arnold Sharwz.  but it does have gary busey.  thats always a plus.  basically , this film sucks like robocop 2

SiliasRuby

Quote from: NEON MERCURY

predator 2 sucks ass.  trust me.  i loved this first one.  danny glover doesnt do a convincing arnold Sharwz.  but it does have gary busey.  thats always a plus.  basically , this film sucks like robocop 2
Ok, then fuck it then. I have total confidence in what Neon says so...yeah, I'm definitely not getting it.

My Collection

Myxo

Godfather 3
The Crow 2 and 3
Children of the Corn 2, 3, and 4
Evil Dead 4 (When it gets made)

Gold Trumpet

I always thought Die Hard 3 never really got its due. The biggest criticism was that it was very impatient with the action elements; the explosions and harder than life situations to survive. It is very impatient. To a fault even. But the narrative is really excellent beyond that. There's a good realism for the ethics of New York life that is very much in the characters with the way they worry about the trivial like street traffic that in real life is the biggest ordeal for anyone in NYC. It has a sense of location for characters unlike many films.

soixante

Butch and Sundance: The Early Days.  Since the characters died in the original, they went back to make a prequel.  In fact, I believe this was the first prequel ever made -- a dubious distinction indeed.

How about More American Graffiti?  Return to Macon County?

It is always cheesy when they make sequels without the main stars -- like Bad News Bears in Breaking Training, in which William Devane replaced Walter Matthau and Tatum O'Neal was nowhere to be seen.
Music is your best entertainment value.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MyxomatosisGodfather 3

i agree with the Godfather III. i think the reason why peopel; think its shit is because its the sequel to two a the greatest films ever IMHO.  also, people will have all this bullshit to say about it but most of them haven't even seen the thing.

pete

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI always thought Die Hard 3 never really got its due. The biggest criticism was that it was very impatient with the action elements; the explosions and harder than life situations to survive. It is very impatient. To a fault even. But the narrative is really excellent beyond that. There's a good realism for the ethics of New York life that is very much in the characters with the way they worry about the trivial like street traffic that in real life is the biggest ordeal for anyone in NYC. It has a sense of location for characters unlike many films.

it was my favorite movie when I was in 8th grade, but then I saw it again last summer when the boxset dvd was released and it just didn't hold up.  some shit was cool, but all that riddle shit was riddle-culous, as was the reverse-racism blabber.  and don't even get me started on the alternate ending.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Myxo