Manderlay - LVT's S

Started by Finn, August 09, 2004, 05:35:19 PM

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Pubrick
download that trailer directly here:

Thank you.

This does look quite excitable.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

kotte

No Stellan SkarsgÄrd...I just noticed. No Stellan... :(

Finn

Finally we get the trailer! It really looks terrific, really high hopes. It's very much in the spirit of Dogville with the music and narration. You can see Von Trier being really snide again with calling each black person a nigger throughout the trailer.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

The Perineum Falcon

So, does anyone else think that LVT will get another actress to play Grace in the third installment?
Since it's 3 interpretations of America, it could also be 3 interpretations of Grace.
That would be keen, yeah?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Finn

yeah that would be interesting
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ghostboy

He's already said he's going to do that.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: GhostboyHe's already said he's going to do that.
HA!

Is it too late to delete my idea? :oops:

i like that grace now looks like a final fantasy character

thisll rule our arses
context, context, context.

A Matter Of Chance

This movie (hell, the whole trilogy) is going to be very, very good.

kotte

I agree...

and what I'm hoping for is a documentary as good as Dogville's.

Pubrick

Quote from: Small Town LonerYou can see Von Trier being really snide again with calling each black person a nigger throughout the trailer.
um i think that's just reflecting the basic psychological hierarchy upon which the other divisions are imposed.

if there's any contempt it's towards the ones saying the word.
under the paving stones.

Finn

ha ha you sound like the narrator himself

Pubrick

Quote from: Small Town Lonerha ha you sound like the narrator himself
yeah i stole sum of his words, as it was clear from the trailer that ur comment had no basis whatsoever.
under the paving stones.

Finn

actually it did but I'm not gonna explain it to a pubrick such as yourself

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: Small Town Lonerha ha you sound like the narrator himself
yeah i stole sum of his words, as it was clear from the trailer that ur comment had no basis whatsoever.
Quote from: Small town Loneractually it did but I'm not gonna explain it to a pubrick such as yourself
will you explain it to me? because i originally thought you were joking in your comment regarding the language used in the trailer.