Okkervil River: The BEST Band You Haven't Had Time To Listen To (So Far)

Started by RegularKarate, August 21, 2006, 01:48:52 PM

Stefen

I'm REALLY digging the new album.

Is it just me or has Sheff's voice gotten so much better in the small amount of time since their last album?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ghostboy

tpfkabi

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Ghostboy

I would if I had any! My buddy and I just got a hard drive with 60 hours of 16mm footage to sift through. We're getting started in LA next week.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Ghostboy on July 24, 2008, 03:32:57 PM
My buddy and I just got a hard drive with 60 hours of 16mm footage to sift through. We're getting started in LA next week.

Ka ZAM!!!!  how awesome is that?!  Let me know if it ties in at all with the show I started this thread about... always wondered what happened to that show (maybe they didn't like the footage).

and how come you keep coming to Austin and I keep not seeing you here?  it's not that big of a town.

Ghostboy

I bet it does have something to do with that show...although I haven't found any Austin 16mm footage yet. That doesn't mean it's not there, though. The more I work on this stuff, the more I get into the band.

Yeah, what gives? I passed you on the escalator at SXSW and haven't seen you since. I totally forgot to let you know about my test screening with AFS, too. I'll be back in town around Sept. 6th. Let's catch up!

Also, I'm about to send you a link to something Okervill-ish.....

Ghostboy

If you go to the main page of their site you can see the trailer I just cut for their new album...

w/o horse

I thought you'd done this awesome sonically congested metaphor for tour frenzy and recording pressure.  But it was that I'd forgotten to press stop on the automatic player from the website.

It's still really good.  Just more traditional than I thought.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

tpfkabi

Ghostboy

We pretty much finished it, but I think they just lost interest in it. I think too much time passed from the time they shot it to now.

I'm shooting something new with them in a month or so, I think, which will hopefully see the light of day...

tpfkabi

Quote from: Ghostboy on January 11, 2011, 01:12:12 PM
We pretty much finished it, but I think they just lost interest in it. I think too much time passed from the time they shot it to now.

I'm shooting something new with them in a month or so, I think, which will hopefully see the light of day...

Maybe at some point they will have enough video material to make a DVD and they can include that - or special editions of their albums...or bonus download with album...deluxe 2 cd/1 dvd stage names/stand ins. they probably won't do that, though they did do a black sheep boy special edition.

i love studio/recording videos, so i would love to see it regardless.

Ghostboy

I just filmed some great stuff with Will on Monday night, it should be released sometime next month.

The studio recording of the song they played on Fallon is pretty amazing.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

I see Will around Austin occasionally... at bars usually.
I always want to say 'Hi' to him, but while I can usually talk to actors etc... I have a problem with bringing myself to say anything to him... which is funny because the first time I saw them live years ago, I didn't know what he looked like and talked to him for a few seconds before their show before knowing it was him.

So excited about the new album.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Ghostboy on February 03, 2011, 02:40:26 PM
The studio recording of the song they played on Fallon is pretty amazing.

I forgot about this, so I just watched it. Sounds potentially very good. AC Newman wasn't very audible to seem to merit a cameo, so maybe his contribution to the studio version is more noticeable.

It is kinda odd for them to perform so far in advance - when this kind of thing happens does it have more to do with the host (Fallon in this case) being really big fans? I've never really known how bands get TV performances - if bands/labels are constantly applying and the shows pick or what.