The Lookout

Started by MacGuffin, August 11, 2003, 01:52:28 AM

MacGuffin

DreamWorks is on The Lookout for David Fincher
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

DreamWorks Pictures is looking to land Panic Room director David Fincher to helm the thriller The Lookout. The movie is said to have attracted talent such as Sam Mendes, Brad Pitt, Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio - though none are yet attached. The project was written by Scott Frank.

The story centers on a young man who is rendered quasi-disabled by short-term memory loss in the wake of a car accident. He is then befriended by a local gangster who wants assistance in robbing a bank.

In related news, Fincher has turned his attention away from Lords of Dogtown at Columbia Pictures. The studio is now eyeing Doug Liman, Jonas Akerlund and Catherine Hardwicke for the director's chair.

Edited to clear up any fall clothing line relation.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

Quote from: MacGuffinFincher Fincher

haha , sounds like cllothes
I like to hug dogs

modage

well i am a lot more interested in this than lords of dogtown or mi3, yuck.  he needs to get some fucking quality projects.  like quick!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jasper_window

Quote from: themodernage02well i am a lot more interested in this than lords of dogtown or mi3, yuck.  he needs to get some fucking quality projects.  like quick!

Although The Lookout sounds promising, I was really looking forward to him doing Lords of Dogtown.

markums2k

I'm still waiting for the special edition of Panic Room, which he kinda/sorta promised... he's not allowed to move on until he delivers a 2-disc Panic Room.

Not gonna happen, is it?  :(

Gamblour.

I don't know how he could make this movie without massive comparisons to Memento. I hear "short-term memory loss," I think Memento. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
WWPTAD?

mutinyco

I saw the article last week. Sounds like Dreamworks is playing games. Fincher's been on Dogtown for a while now. I think somebody's trying to lure Fincher. He should stick with Dogtown with its bright exteriors. If he makes ANOTHER underexposed thriller I'm going to start losing interest in him hardcore. I'll just accept that his videos and early films were his golden age.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Spike

Quote from: MacGuffinDreamWorks is on The Lookout for David Fincher
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

DreamWorks Pictures is looking to land Panic Room director David Fincher to helm the thriller The Lookout. The movie is said to have attracted talent such as Sam Mendes, Brad Pitt, Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio - though none are yet attached. The project was written by Scott Frank.

The story centers on a young man who is rendered quasi-disabled by short-term memory loss in the wake of a car accident. He is then befriended by a local gangster who wants assistance in robbing a bank.

In related news, Fincher has turned his attention away from Lords of Dogtown at Columbia Pictures. The studio is now eyeing Doug Liman, Jonas Akerlund and Catherine Hardwicke for the director's chair.

Edited to clear up any fall clothing line relation.

Sam Mendes probably is going to ACT in it???? Goddamn, he's a really fucking great director but I don't know if he can act. Tom Hanks and Leo DiCaprio are great actors but Fincher should work with more unknown actors or his "old crew" - Pitt, Norton, Leto, Penn - that'll be great.

I was very excited about "Lords of Dogtown" but "The Lookout" sounds promising, too, although not as good as "Lords of Dogtown". At least he won't work together with that prick Fred Durst.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"