Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Started by Lottery, May 16, 2018, 09:26:01 AM

matt35mm

Quote from: pete on August 04, 2018, 06:36:41 PM
I don't mind the plot, especially when it leads to two pretty silly but satisfying "gotcha" moments at the beginning and the middle of the story. What I did notice tho - was the beginning when Tom Cruise/ Ethan Hunt totally opened the movie using QAnon catchphrases "a storm is coming/ I am the storm" - did anyone else catch that? That's a pretty insane dogwhistle.

My guess is that that's some old quote that was appropriated by QAnon?

Something Spanish

If there is one takeaway from M:I 6: Tom Cruise, that motherfucker can RUN. He went Usain Bolt on Superman's ass.
(had a blast, literal action overload)

jenkins

©brad

Quote from: Something Spanish on September 20, 2018, 06:02:07 AM
If there is one takeaway from M:I 6: Tom Cruise, that motherfucker can RUN. He went Usain Bolt on Superman's ass.
(had a blast, literal action overload)

Yup. My favorite parts:

1. Cruise running
2. The cold open and title sequence music drop
3. Angela Basset looking pissed off walking briskly through hallways

I think overall Mcquarrie has done an admirable job but I hope they give someone else a try. Michelle MacClaren would crush it.

polkablues

As solid as the last two movies have been, I feel like the Jack Reacher flicks were always a better use of McQuarrie's particular talents. The first Reacher movie almost felt like Way of the Gun 2 in some ways.

For M:I, MacLaren would be great, or give Brad Bird another one, or bring Justin Lin on board to make the Mission:Impossible movie that Fast and the Furious 5 and 6 basically already were. Or let Lexi Alexander direct a hard-R version.
My house, my rules, my coffee