Superman & Batman

Started by MacGuffin, July 20, 2013, 04:07:46 PM

Kellen

MacGuffin

Gal Gadot to Play Wonder Woman in 'Batman vs. Superman'
Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill are set to star
Source: Variety

Gal Gadot will play Wonder Woman in the untitled "Batman vs. Superman" movie.

Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck are set to star with Zack Snyder directing.

"Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character," Snyder said.

Variety first reported that Gadot, "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" thesp Elodie Yung and Olga Kurylenko had tested for the part that was believed to be Wonder Woman.

The Wonder Woman rumor has been kicking around for some time, and insiders believe the plan is to have not just Batman and Superman in the film but several members of the Justice League as well. It's unclear which members, but Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) and the Flash are said to be locks to make an appearance in some fashion, whether that's a significant role or a cameo.

https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/408311378953244672

Warners will also look to now cast the villain with "Zero Dark Thirty" and "300: Rise of the Empire" star Callan Mulvey someone Warner Bros. is eyeing to play the role.

Pic will bow July 17, 2015. Gadot was last seen in "The Fast and Furious 6″ and is repped by ICM Partners.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Jesse Eisenberg As Lex Luthor & Jeremy Irons As Alfred In Superman-Batman Pic
BY THE DEADLINE TEAM

BREAKING: Two more key roles have been cast in Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman-Batman movie for Warner Bros. Jesse Eisenberg will play Superman's arch enemy Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons will play Bruce Wayne's butler/mentor Alfred in the pic, which is set for a May 6, 2016 release. They join Henry Cavill, reprising his role as Superman/Clark Kent in what Warners is billing as a sequel to its Man Of Steel; Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne; and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince. Man of Steel stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane also are in the new pic.

Both castings show the young-ification of the DC Comics franchise; Caine is 15 years older than Irons, and Gene Hackman, the most prominent of past big-screen Lex Luthors, was in his late 30s and early 40s when he played the role. Eisenberg is 30. Irons, who takes over from Michael Caine who played the role in Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, joins fellow Oscar winner Affleck and Oscar nominees Adams, Fishburne and Lane in the movie; Eisenberg was nominated for an Oscar for The Social Network.

"Lex Luthor is often considered the most notorious of Superman's rivals, his unsavory reputation preceding him since 1940," Snyder said in Warner Bros' announcement of the castings today. "What's great about Lex is that he exists beyond the confines of the stereotypical nefarious villain. He's a complicated and sophisticated character whose intellect, wealth and prominence position him as one of the few mortals able to challenge the incredible might of Superman. Having Jesse in the role allows us to explore that interesting dynamic, and also take the character in some new and unexpected directions." As for Irons: "As everyone knows, Alfred is Bruce Wayne's most trusted friend, ally and mentor, a noble guardian and father figure. He is an absolutely critical element in the intricate infrastructure that allows Bruce Wayne to transform himself into Batman," Snyder said. "It is an honor to have such an amazingly seasoned and gifted actor as Jeremy taking on the important role of the man who mentors and guides the guarded and nearly impervious façade that encapsulates Bruce Wayne."

Chris Terrio is currently writing the script from a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns executive producing.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 31, 2014, 01:39:13 PMChris Terrio is currently writing the script from a screenplay by David S. Goyer.

Say what now.

Sleepless

I'm sure everyone's already seen this by now, but here's Batfleck regardless:

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Lottery

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice"

Oh dear god, why.

polkablues

"Summer of 2016, Evil Hits the Snooze Button"
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless

I can smell the tie-in licensing deal with Starbucks from here.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Sleepless

So the alleged list of upcoming DC comics films has been leaked, and I for one am so fucking excited. Let's hope they're good.

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

Mel

Quote from: Sleepless on June 12, 2014, 04:28:04 PM
Xmas 2016 – Sandman

For the rest I don't care. On the other hand I will probably start getting bad dreams about Snyder's tentacles reaching "Sandman".
Simple mind - simple pleasures...

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

©brad

Snyder is taking failing upward to new heights.

Drenk

This parody has a lot of money.
Ascension.