What DVDs did you get for the Christmas?

Started by Banky, December 03, 2003, 01:16:54 PM

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffin on December 28, 2006, 01:50:43 PM
Quote from: modage on December 26, 2006, 07:56:18 PMthese i picked up at Best Buy today with some xmas money for 19.99 each since i already have hand-me-downs of Seasons 1, 2, and 4. my 24 obsessed parents gave them to me after they had watched them and i have been meaning to start watching the show for a few years but had not gotten around to it.  i decided a few days ago i'd start in January and took it as an omen since the only two seasons i didnt have to watch were the only two seasons Best Buy had in stock.

Do your parents agree that Chloe O'Brian is the worst character ever put on screen, big or small? She not only has a stick up her ass, she has the whole tree.

you, sir, are just plain wrong! her ex-husband, miles, however, has only been in one episode (the s5 finale) and i already hate that douche.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

I don't get many presents. My birthday is the day after Christmas, so people just get confused about when to get me anything, so they just don't. I think.

With a gift card:

From a friend, a title I surprisingly didn't have:

From by brother:

I did get a lot of great books, though.

gob

It was a dvd christmas for me this year.
Am eternally grateful to my various sources amongst family and friends for these:

samsong

JG

bonanzataz

For me:

one 2-disc gainsbourg music video set (watching it now, it's one of my favorite things ever), and two of his movies in a 2-disc set, only, there's NO ENGLISH SUBTITLES! and no website has the subtitles for download, so i guess i just have to learn french now.

for my brother:

7th heaven, seasons 1-5

for my sister:

god, christmas is grand.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

i got this from a friend at work, since we had done some online work for the show and had received a handful of copies of the dvd he was nice/cool enough to grab me a copy.

Knowing Me... is from my cousin and i haven't seen it yet though i'm looking forward to checking it out.  by some coincidence i got my cousin another britcom that he hasn't seen yet: Series 1 of Peep Show.  wow, looking at that stack its like the least pretentious (bordering on juvenille?) group of movies/shows ever.

edit: oops, almost forgot about the suitcase.  redemption above.

and i bought these with some/all my xmas money.

edit: double oops, totally forgot about the kubrick set because it hasn't arrived yet. now i'm finished.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

Quote from: modage on December 26, 2007, 10:11:51 PM

Knowing Me... is from my cousin and i haven't seen it yet though i'm looking forward to checking it out.

dude, you're about to watch the greatest tv character ever. superior to david brent and i KNOW i said extras was superior to the office... the partridge thing IS true though.

next up on your list.. you'll need to see I'm Alan Partridge series 1 and 2.. which are the episodes that continue to follow the destruction of partridge's life.

i equate all partridge as the UK arrested development.. in that its a show where EVERY LINE is funny.

last days of gerry the elephant

SiliasRuby

From my grandma:
deja Vu
Misery-collector's edition
forrest gump

from my parents:
blade runner ultimate 5 discer
Saturday Night Live the complete 2nd season
Lost season 3

and cash, which I'm going to use soon on some dvds
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

cine

Gamblour.

Lost Season Three
Harvey Birdman Season Three
The Lives of Others (for myself)
Seven Samurai (reissue)
In the Mood for Love
Kicking and Screaming
Playtime (twice, but my mom is kind and returning the one she got)
Carrie
Mulholland Drive
Clue
Gigli (not kidding, part of a White Elephant)
Trapped in the Closet (also not kidding, one of the best gifts I've ever gotten)
Band of Brothers
The Squid and the Whale
History of Violence
The Terror
WWPTAD?

OrHowILearnedTo

bonanzataz

bjork live dvd archive (her four live dvd's in one convenient package)