Andrew Bird

Started by squints, September 28, 2005, 02:25:17 AM

squints

If you guys aren't listening to this god help you. I searched but didn't find a topic just for this guy. I've recently gotten into him pretty hardcore and what i've found is just amazing. Take a listen to "The Swimming Hour" from this guy and compare it to his first band (violinist for Squirrel Nut Zippers)...This is an amazing musician that everyone should listen to.

-on the tracks that are easiest to get into he sounds like a cross between Stephen Malkmus and Howe Gelb
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Figure 8

I really like his album "The Mysterious Production of Eggs" but I think that's the answer many people would give.  My brother saw him not too long ago, he said it was amazing how his sound just filled up the venue completely.  I really wish I could see him sometime at an enclosed venue.

xerxes

i saw him a while ago and then started listening to him. weather systems is a pretty great album.

imawombat

i've enjoyed "mysterious production of eggs" quite a lot as well and need to pick up some of his earlier stuff.

i've heard that he's excellent live.
these things do happen