Worst Movie Ever

Started by IHeartPTA, August 22, 2003, 01:22:10 PM

Pubrick

hahah

no, but chasing amy is ok, good even.  gladiator is a piece of crapola. critics choices notwithstanding, u can just tell these things.
under the paving stones.

Raikus

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Raikus
Quote from: Lucinda BryteI've already stated I haven't seen many movies... Chasing Amy was one of the worst I've seen...
Nominated:
British Independent Film Award - Best Foreign Independent Film
Golden Globe - Best Performance by Actress in Motion Picture
Independent Spirit Award - Best Feature

Won:
CFCA Award
Independent Spirit Award
Sierra Award

And selected for a Criterion Edition DVD release.

These are a few of the reasons I'm shocked to see this movie in this thread.

Gladiator:

Nominated
Chicago Film Critics Association
Directors Guild
London Critics Circle
Online Film Critics Society
Screen Actors Guild

Won
Oscar
Golden Globe
Grammy
National Board of Review
BAFTA

I rest my case.
So am I to take it you're saying Gladitor is "One of the Worst Movies Ever?"
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RaikusSo am I to take it you're saying Gladitor is "One of the Worst Movies Ever?"

Yeah.

Raikus

Although, as P said, it was crapola... you need to see more movies.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

Well, if not worst... most overrated.

Raikus

That's a statement I can absolutely agree with.

modage

Quote from: Lucinda BryteAnd see I don't really make it a commitment to see movies that I think look blatantly terrible.  That's why I don't watch lame teenage flicks or lame teenager-aimed horror movies.

well, nobody sees movies that look blatantly terrible, unless they're going to laugh at it.  and if a certain genre isnt your thing, than fine.  but by seeing only the "cool" movies, your limiting yourself to a lot of other stuff thats out there.  not all of which, by the way, is lame.  and by seeing some more stuff you'll realize that the spectrum goes a lot lower (and a little higher), than you've given credit for.   c'mon even Gold Trumpet likes American Pie!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

i honestly don't see how freddy got fingered takes itself too seriously. the whole point of the movie is that it doesn't. it is the stupidest movie ever made on purpose and that is what is so great about it.

all the movies i see on here at least have some redeeming qualities. i liked gladiator, i liked chasing amy. gladiator is overrated, certainly not one of the worst movies ever made.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Pas

I tought My Big Fat Greek Wedding was pretty fucking bad for what it was considered to be. It might be the worst of the "not really made to be stupid" movies.

Banky

you know i purchased Jaw Breaker for like 5 bucks at Walmart because the box looked pretty good.  That was quite possibly he worst movie ive ever seen.

jasper_window

Quote from: bonanzatazi honestly don't see how freddy got fingered takes itself too seriously. the whole point of the movie is that it doesn't. it is the stupidest movie ever made on purpose and that is what is so great about it.

And if you watch it with the commentary on, it's even more hilarious.

cine

The thing with Freddy Got Fingered is... is an awful movie. One of the worst. But people say its great because its meant to be stupid and therefore not awful. The way I always justify it is this: watching it as a Tom Green TV special, sure it can probably entertaining, BUT when criticizing it as a film, excluding what its "purpose" might have been and such.. it is incredibly low taste, which just makes for a bad, bad movie in this case because, unlike American Pie, there's really nothing to forgive about the characters. FGF presents a place and time where you're scratching your head wondering where the fuck thats happening (although you're presuming the southern states to yourself, or somewhere in Canada), but AP1,2, and AW, its something that we all understand.. we relate and thats movies like that with lower taste are accepted, understood, and forgiven.

Banky

Quote from: CinephileThe thing with Freddy Got Fingered is... is an awful movie. One of the worst. But people say its great because its meant to be stupid and therefore not awful. The way I always justify it is this: watching it as a Tom Green TV special, sure it can probably entertaining, BUT when criticizing it as a film, excluding what its "purpose" might have been and such.. it is incredibly low taste, which just makes for a bad, bad movie in this case because, unlike American Pie, there's really nothing to forgive about the characters. FGF presents a place and time where you're scratching your head wondering where the fuck thats happening (although you're presuming the southern states to yourself, or somewhere in Canada), but AP1,2, and AW, its something that we all understand.. we relate and thats movies like that with lower taste are accepted, understood, and forgiven.

boo this man

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Lucinda BryteAnd see I don't really make it a commitment to see movies that I think look blatantly terrible.

That's why I don't watch lame teenage flicks or lame teenager-aimed horror movies.

So you judge a book by it's cover? And how do you know they are lame if you haven't seen them?

I guess I sort of do. I'm guilty of that a bit. I usually know if I'll like the movie or not. *shrug*

I sometimes decide to give movies a chance. Like American Pie. I didn't think I'd like it, and I didn't. I didn't laugh once.

I dunno. Usually if a movie looks bad to me, and I see it, my opinion doesn't change.