Worst Movie Ever

Started by IHeartPTA, August 22, 2003, 01:22:10 PM

Sleepless

Quote from: theyarelegion on August 30, 2012, 10:50:03 AM

21 Jump Street

I saw it on a plane recently and thought it was really good. One of the better comedies of recent memory and I look forward to seeing what they do with the Lego movie. Of course, I didn't have any high expectations going in other than some good word of mouth on here.

Haven't yet seen God Bless America, but I'm looking forward to it.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

Theyarelegion is the first person I know of who wasn't pleasantly surprised by 21 Jump Street. Prior to it coming out, I was certain it was going to be a catastrophe, but I thought it was one of the funniest comedies in recent memory.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Yeah 21 Jump Street is one of the better movies this year. Definitely the best comedy.

theyarelegion

....to explain: God Bless America was as asinine as what it was attacking—which is a shame since Goldthwait's last effort, World's Greatest Dad, was genuinely funny and really sharp. Hopefully he gets back on track with his next picture.

@polka, glad to be the first! 21 Jump Street's trailer made it looks promising but that just turned out to be one of those trailers that contains all of the best moments—it turned out to be (for me) nothing but one long overly topical, repetitive, paint-by-numbers gag. Jonah Hill playing Jonah Hill. I don't understand the universal appeal and hall pass that Channing Tatum gets either. He's so average, with no depth at all! At least Jonah's got a little spark to him. I would need to see it again (to my detriment!) to expound on this...

theyarelegion

Quote from: RegularKarate on August 30, 2012, 05:07:32 PM
Yeah 21 Jump Street is one of the better movies this year. Definitely the best comedy.

...it hasn't been a shining year for comedy though, has it?