Worst Movie Ever

Started by IHeartPTA, August 22, 2003, 01:22:10 PM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

freakerdude

Here's a few of my worst and some have been mentioned:

Minus Men
Bad Lieutenant
The Cell
Dogma
Mr. Deeds
Freddy Got Fingered

anything that stars Steven Segal, Jean Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Brian Bosworth, Shaq, Dennis Rodman, etc.

Ishtar is touted to be one of the worst all time films. Has anyone seen it?
MC Pee Pants

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: freakerdudeHere's a few of my worst and some have been mentioned:

Minus Men
Bad Lieutenant
The Cell
Dogma

...i aCtually like these esp. owen in minus man..it's kinda cool..

godardian

I liked Minus Man, too. It was much richer than you could've made me believe before I actually saw it.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Quote from:  A long time ago,Jeremy BlackmanDirty Dancing.

The European version is better.   "Filthy Dancing."
context, context, context.

samsong

i saw bruno dumont's Twentynine Palms this past weekend and can safely say it's the worst, most excruciating experience of my life thus far watching a film... i avoid most of the bad movies pretty well but fuckers like Jeremany Heilman (//www.moviemartyr.com) had me thinking it was actually a good film.  it's experimental (though not really since it tries to delve into "new ways of filmmaking" that have already been done) and some may love it but to me it was a complete and utter failure, not to mention a waste of $9.25. easily the most pretentious movie ever made.

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: N the E digital O rape N
Quote from: jokerspath
Milk Money

..You know what this is a good call i forgot how horrible this was....its one of those films that after you watch it you immediately put it out of youir head..b/c its sucks so bad.Then when sopmeone brings it back up (as in this case..)..you quickly remeber the film and how crappy it was good choice. :yabbse-thumbup:

I saw this on a plane once when I was very little, I stayed up all night just to see it... mistakes, mistakes.

godardian

Quote from: samsongi saw bruno dumont's Twentynine Palms this past weekend and can safely say it's the worst, most excruciating experience of my life thus far watching a film... i avoid most of the bad movies pretty well but fuckers like Jeremany Heilman (//www.moviemartyr.com) had me thinking it was actually a good film.  it's experimental (though not really since it tries to delve into "new ways of filmmaking" that have already been done) and some may love it but to me it was a complete and utter failure, not to mention a waste of $9.25. easily the most pretentious movie ever made.

I loved Humanite, so I'll be seeing this for the Dumont connection...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

grand theft sparrow

Why are flights such prime locations for horrible movies?  The worst was a flight I once took from NYC to London: Beautician and the Beast followed by Fools Rush In.

Thank God for Virgin Atlantic and Jet Blue with TVs at each seat.

samsong

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: samsongi saw bruno dumont's Twentynine Palms this past weekend and can safely say it's the worst, most excruciating experience of my life thus far watching a film... i avoid most of the bad movies pretty well but fuckers like Jeremany Heilman (//www.moviemartyr.com) had me thinking it was actually a good film.  it's experimental (though not really since it tries to delve into "new ways of filmmaking" that have already been done) and some may love it but to me it was a complete and utter failure, not to mention a waste of $9.25. easily the most pretentious movie ever made.

I loved Humanite, so I'll be seeing this for the Dumont connection...

this was my first Dumont... i'll be interested to see what you think of it.

Banky

Quote from: themodernage02eva mmmmendes. 8)

for the longest time i thought that you were saying she was the worst movie ever and i always thought it was really random and funny but now it has just been wideld down to some chest type comment

modage

Quote from: Banky
Quote from: themodernage02eva mmmmendes. 8)

for the longest time i thought that you were saying she was the worst movie ever and i always thought it was really random and funny but now it has just been wideld down to some chest type comment
i was making a reference to its prior use in this thread....
http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=458&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

matt35mm

Everything about The Alamo looks boring.  Jeez, even the title is so boring!

"REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!"  "... no..."

Um... Eight Crazy Nights was definitely one of the worst movies I've seen.  So that's got my vote.

soixante

The worst film I've seen recently is The Singing Detective, which I turned off after 10 minutes, a new record for me.  Other terrible films -- Death to Smoochy, Trixie, Romeo is Bleeding, Breakfast of Champions. Gun Crazy, Perfect Storm.  For all time worst, Won Ton Ton the Dog Who Saved Hollywood makes the cut alongside Sgt. Pepper and the first Star Trek movie and Rocky III.
Music is your best entertainment value.