Worst Movie Ever

Started by IHeartPTA, August 22, 2003, 01:22:10 PM

Banky

yeah but the movie had no ending.  They were in the police station and then it just ended.  No Climax, no resolution.  And the little Jurassic Park things that Came of Jeepers Creepers head when he screamed.  Come on

modage

i dont know what everybody is talking about, but i just re-watched this movie, and it was as good as i remembered it.  REALLY GOOD. and without a doubt, one of the best horror films i've seen in a long time.  

no climax, no resolution?!  thats what helps to make it amazing.  there is no "well, we need to figure out a way to kill it," type gathering strength scenes before a final showdown.  they dont ever try to kill it, they just want to get away and it fucking wins.  its really really good at breaking away from a lot of bad horror cliches.  for one, theres only 2 main characters.  no introducing 8 "character types" to be killed off without caring about any of them.  just two kids.  its written well.  it takes care of any of those lingering "why dont they do this?!" post-Scream smart audience questions.  like, why dont they use their cell phone? why dont they go to the policee? why dont they just wait there? why are they going back? its a smart film.  the acting is great, especially for a horror film.  and the Creeper is a really cool monster.   it keeps changing into a different film, from the opening to the ending, which bugs a lot of people.  but i thought kept it interesting.  unfortunately from what i've read about the sequel, it seems to fall into all the cliches.  but ill see it tomorrow to see what i think.

i want someone to name 5 better horror films of the past 5 years.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

The Ring
28 Days Later
Cabin Fever
The Blair Witch Project
May

Those are just off the top of my head, mostly because most of them are so recent. But still, I'm mostly with you on Jeeper Creepers. The only really illogical part was the fact that the kid went down into the hole in the first place -- beyond that, it was pretty smart. Like many people, I thought the movie went downhill once the Creeper showed its face (after it killed the old lady), but the ending was fantastic.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02i want someone to name 5 better horror films of the past 5 years.

I'll add five more to Ghostboy's:

Final Destination
Mothman Prophecies
Fraility
Pitch Black
The Cell
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Just for fun, here's five more.

Blair Witch Project
Sixth Sense
The Others
Sleepy Hollow
Mulholland Dr.
and if you don't think Mulholland Dr. counts, Ringu does.

Find Your Magali

Hell, for pure entertainment value, I enjoyed "Resident Evil" more than "Jeepers Creepers"

Also, "Session 9" knocks Jeepers' socks off.

markums2k

Quote from: Find Your MagaliHell, for pure entertainment value, I enjoyed "Resident Evil" more than "Jeepers Creepers"

Also, "Session 9" knocks Jeepers' socks off.

Do you like Session 9 or do you hate it?

I thought it had amazing potential, but it was just kinda sucky when it was all over.  Definitely not the worst I've ever seen though.

Raikus

The Devil's Backbone is another one.

I had a reason to like Jeepers Creepers. It was filmed in my original home town and county (they were looking for as desolate a place as possible and I don't think they could have gotten a better place). I really wanted to like it, but it devolved into crap faster than a Cream of Wheat shooter.

I still like the Creeper as a horror villian. It's a shame he's always involved with such terrible acting victims.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Find Your Magali

markums2k wrote:

QuoteDo you like Session 9 or do you hate it?

I thought it had amazing potential, but it was just kinda sucky when it was all over. Definitely not the worst I've ever seen though.

I like it quite a bit. Fantastically atmospheric (a real deteriorating mental institution beats a Hollywood set any day) and truly scary in many parts. Certainly, its ends a bit too quickly (and, dare I say, predictably), but I think part of the reason for the letdown at the end is that you want more scenes in Danvers. The building really is the star of the show, although with those creepy audiotapes with the doctor and schizophrenic patient. And David Caruso lends a strong performance that again reminds you how good season 1 of NYPD Blue was.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin
Mothman Prophecies

..great film IMO.......under-rated..?

RegularKarate

Quote from: RaikusThe Devil's Backbone is another one.

God damn right it is!

Jeepers Creepers is just plain stupid... that would be the end of the story, but it's not.

It's also made by a convicted child molester and is about a predator that chases down some young'ns and wins... that is just sick.  Worse than wife beatin' Billy Bob Thornton writing a movie where a wife beatin' son of a bitch is a victim of misunderstanding.

That shouldn't be a factor in my dislike of the movie... and it isn't... it's just a bad movie.

modage

lets see...

Quote from: GhostboyThe Ring
28 Days Later
Cabin Fever
The Blair Witch Project
May

the ring i loved,  thats up there.  28 days was good but i didnt like it better.  it didnt really give me anything in a zombie movie i hadnt seen before, (with the possible exception of fast moving zombies, and an awkwardly placed Grandaddy song).  cabin fever i cant wait for.  blair witch although different and culturally impactful, i dont think was really a better 'film'.  i havent seen it since its limited release though.  and may was cool, but not my cup of tea.

Quote from: CinephileJust for fun, here's five more.

Blair Witch Project - not as good
Sixth Sense - spooky,  not a horror movie
The Others - ditto
Sleepy Hollow - uhh,  no.
Mulholland Dr. - uhh, no WAY.
and if you don't think Mulholland Dr. counts, Ringu does - counts, but sucks.

Quote from: Find Your MagaliHell, for pure entertainment value, I enjoyed "Resident Evil" more than "Jeepers Creepers".
uhh, you're crazy.

Quote from: RaikusThe Devil's Backbone is another one.

well done.  spooky, not a horror movie.

Quote from: RegularKarateJeepers Creepers is just plain stupid... that would be the end of the story, but it's not.

It's also made by a convicted child molester and is about a predator that chases down some young'ns and wins... that is just sick.  Worse than wife beatin' Billy Bob Thornton writing a movie where a wife beatin' son of a bitch is a victim of misunderstanding.

That shouldn't be a factor in my dislike of the movie... and it isn't... it's just a bad movie.

it seems like its a major factor.  why is it plain stupid?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

oakmanc234

I think 'The Blair Witch Project' is a fucking brilliant picture. People just aren't into it as much because it was OVER-hyped. If it didn't hit at the box-office, people would be praising its greatness.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Raikus

I kind of disagree. When I first saw Blair Witch in the theaters it was freaky. The whole audience was into it and with all the hype and "is it real/isn't it real" stuff going on made the movie infinitely better. When I watched it on DVD it just fell flat on its face. The lameness shined through. The only reason it was a success was because of the over-hype.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

phil marlowe

Quote from: RaikusI kind of disagree. When I first saw Blair Witch in the theaters it was freaky. The whole audience was into it and with all the hype and "is it real/isn't it real" stuff going on made the movie infinitely better. When I watched it on DVD it just fell flat on its face. The lameness shined through. The only reason it was a success was because of the over-hype.
it only works one time, that's a given. but that one time i thought it was great.