Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

MacGuffin

Or I could buy all the Woody Allen boxsets to hold me over until the ones with extras and commentaries arrive.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Quote from: bigideas on November 26, 2007, 11:26:55 AM
luckily they did not cut it off at 11 central - which they had in the past.

i picked up 3 Criterion double dips - breathless, shoot, and playtime, the two new Leone eastwood trilogy special editions i didn't have and Stop Making Sense.

Note to self:

If you order from Deep Discount and half you order is backordered, you'll get an e-mail saying the first part shipped that will show an all messed up address from what you have entered in Your Account. DO NOT e-mail them and make sure they have the correct address on the mailing label. They won't really read or understand what you're saying so they'll cancel the rest of your order even when you explicitly tell them you DO NOT want to cancel your order. Afterwards, when you point out the two errors they've made in dealing with you, they'll politely ask you to reorder the items, but will refuse to give you the same 20% discount.

mac, i can't believe you went the way of the pube...
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

At Borders Books:

3 for 2: All DVDs

Now through January 7, 2008, buy any two DVDs—including Blu-Ray and HD—and get the third free.

No coupon necessary.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Quote from: MacGuffin on December 25, 2007, 11:57:53 PM
At Borders Books:

Now through January 7, 2008, buy any two DVDs—including Blu-Ray and HD—and get the third free.

No coupon necessary.

is this in store only?

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideas on December 28, 2007, 11:17:01 AM
At Borders Books:

No coupon necessary.

is this in store only?

Doesn't look like it:

http://beta.bordersstores.com/online/store/ListView_dvdsale

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Quote from: MacGuffin on December 28, 2007, 10:45:58 PM
Quote from: bigideas on December 28, 2007, 11:17:01 AM
At Borders Books:

No coupon necessary.

is this in store only?

Doesn't look like it:

http://beta.bordersstores.com/online/store/ListView_dvdsale

thanks. i looked at a borders site, but i don't remember beta in the address.

even though this is essentially a 1/3rd off sale (assuming you get 3 like priced items) i'm not sure it beats the DDD 1/5th off sale as all the DVD are marked at full retail price - Criterions $20 something at DDD are $40 at Borders (at least ones i was interested in).

w/o horse

I'm very careful about DVD prices.  Which is why I'm upset I purchased For a Few Dollars More alone for $15 when The Sergio Leone Anthology is now $31.49 at DDD.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

last days of gerry the elephant

Amazon currently has a deal where you can select 3 Blu-ray movies from a list of over 180 titles and get one of them for free. The titles are divided into four categories (make sure you click on all four to see all the titles available) which span many different studios.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000196201&tag=bluraynews-20

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

john

There's another 3 for 2 on Blu-Ray titles on Amazon. Picked up things some titles I had been wanting to upgrade, but never had the fiscal incentive to do so... Blade Runner and Pan's Labyrinth, to name a few...

Incidentally, picture-in-picture enhanced commentary.... wholly useless bullshit.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

bigperm

Circuit City Blu Ray sale April 20 - 26th, good price for Blade Runner 5 Disc

$19.99 Blu-Ray Discs

Training Day
Blood Diamond
The Phantom Of The Opera
The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Usual Suspects
The Transporter
The Transporter 2
The Devil Wears Prada
The Ant Bully
Ocean's Thirteen
The Corpse Bride
Troy
March Of The Penguins
Fantastic Four
Rocky
GoodFellas
Men Of Honor
28 Days Later
Chain Reaction
Planet Of The Apes (Time Burton)
The Fugitive
Pan's Labyrinth
The Departed
The Sentinel (Sutherland / Longoria / Douglas)
Broken Arrow
Entrapment
Speed
Enter The Dragon
Flyboys
Bullitt
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut
Behind Enemy Lines
Unforgiven
Blade Runner: 5 Disc Complete Collector's Edition

Safe As Milk

tpfkabi

Quote from: MacGuffin on April 11, 2008, 04:36:28 PM
Barnes & Noble 40% off sale:

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/sale/index.asp?PID=22038&cds2Pid=18521&linkid=1151100

do you have any idea how long this is for?
if you click on "see sale details" it is ambigious.
i'm strongly considering picking up Twin Peaks Gold.

w/o horse

This sale is basically Buy 2 of my favorite movies get 1 of my favorite movies free:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/DVD---Sony-Buy-2-Get-1-Free_stcVVcatId519262VVviewcat.htm?promoCode=B2G1SONY0805

80% of that list is premium.  Including Lila Says.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.