dell & avid express dv?

Started by jasper_window, April 16, 2004, 02:30:58 PM

jasper_window

Apologies for the extremely random question, but...has anyone operated avid express dv on any dell dimension series?  and if you have, does it work well?  Avid recommends the dell precision, but if anyone has any knowledge on the dimension I'd appreciate it.  thanks.

mutinyco

I haven't used Avid on a Dell. I would assume they suggest one model over another because of cards or something. One might be better designed to handle media. You might have to get some plug-ins.

Regardless, Avid is a great system.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

jasper_window

Quote from: mutinyco
Regardless, Avid is a great system.

Agreed on that.  I don't have alot of cash which is why I'm trying to cut corners, but it might not be the best thing to do.

mutinyco

I still say for consumers it's better to go with Apple. They're in a fenzy updating all their products. Preparing for G5 laptops.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

jasper_window

I've thought about it.  I've never worked on an apple, so it would be an adjustment, but I've been considering it.  Do you edit on an apple w/ final cut?

mutinyco

Yes, I do. Apple's website is worth checking out right now cause they slashed prices and they've done lots of upgrades.

-St. Joe

SoNowThen

FYI, I've cut with Avid Media Composer on both PC and Mac computers, and can honestly say both have an equal amount of pros and cons. These were on high end systems in post studios though, so it may make a difference for cheaper personal use, I dunno.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.