Ed norton

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, March 31, 2003, 07:45:00 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

ok ya know what here goes, i just dont get it

to me ed norton is a ok actor he does his job well, but i never seen a performance of his that has really knocked me out

but why do people give him so much praise , thats why i am posting

maybe i am missing something, but i just do not see it.

when he made that movie with brando and deniro people were going on and on about how this is three generations of actors who define their eras.

i want to see arguements on both sides here because like I said i do not look to him as someone whos work i really enjoy, like for example i saw 25th hour not because of him but because the film looked interesting .

Cecil

Quote from: Butterscotch Jones
to me ed norton is a ok actor he does his job well, but i never seen a performance of his that has really knocked me out

but why do people give him so much praise , thats why i am posting

probable because of american history x and fight club. he was really great in those

he was also good in primal fear and rounders.

fight club was good but not because of any break through acting on ed nortons part. I can not think of one scene where his acting blew me away

he was good in american history X maybe his best role , but still not enough to ya know make me care about his career.

BonBon85

The first Norton movie I saw was American History X and that definitely made for a good first impression. He had the perfect deadpan voice for Fight Club. He's pretty good, but has made some bad decisions (i.e. making Keeping the Faith)

And he's dead sexy

Quote from: BonBon85The first Norton movie I saw was American History X and that definitely made for a good first impression. He had the perfect deadpan voice for Fight Club. He's pretty good, but has made some bad decisions (i.e. making Keeping the Faith)

And he's dead sexy

yeah i think he is pretty good too, but not one of the best actors out right now. thats why i created this post, so people can explain why a pretty good actor gets massive props .

cowboykurtis

i always love hearing people rag on others in the industry. you are not in his position. if he takes a bad film you dont know the politics behind it. the script for a film could change drastically from script to screen or he could be under contract with a studio and be forced into making a film he doesnt believe in. if edward nroton is not a good modern actor than who is in your opinion?  im curious becuase you seem to be over critical about everything without backing it up with anything valid -- an opinion is fine, but back it up with something other than saying he sucks -- why does he suck?
...your excuses are your own...

Cecil

i think he deserves to be called a great actor on the merits of american history x alone. lately, he just hasnt been picking the "right" roles, thats all

yo larry fishburn , where did i say he sucks ????

all i said is i would like it if someone can show me something that i may be missing . Like a essay about why they think he is one of the best actors out there. Im sorry i need more then just a short " yeah he is cool"

i write posts where i express why i feel a certain way, is it to much to ask the same.

and no cecil that one film alone was not enough to judge a whole body of work.

cowboykurtis

i love you butterscotch
...your excuses are your own...

Quote from: cowboykurtisi love you butterscotch

duhhh !! who wouldnt

Quote from: Film StudentHe's no Kevin Costner, but I think with a little more experience and a few better career choices, he'll grow to be a pretty good actor.

He also needs to get on board with some better directors.

i dont think this is what i was lookin for . :(

i guess i got my answer, none of us really know why he gets the props he gets , but at least some of us are honest about it

atticus jones

top ten reasons why edno gets props:

10) he went to yale
9) he's not ben affleck
8) he landed primal fear
7) he's not ashton kutcher
6) he shredded am his x
5) he's not frankie munoz
4) he scorched fight club
3) he's not paul walker
2) he sleeps with selma hayek
1) he's not buttersnatch jones
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

Duck Sauce

I think people say he is such a great actor because he has been in a lot of great (or well liked) movies. I like Ed Norton, he seems like a nice gentle guy and fits roles fairly well. Aside from the other mentioned he was really good in 25th Hour. Just stay the fuck away from Devito

Quote from: miss jonestop ten reasons why edno gets props:

10) he went to yale
9) he's not ben affleck
8) he landed primal fear
7) he's not ashton kutcher
6) he shredded am his x
5) he's not frankie munoz
4) he scorched fight club
3) he's not paul walker
2) he sleeps with selma hayek
1) he's not buttersnatch jones

Ohhh burn

yeah me fast and the furious guy and malcom in the middle, be sure that none of us will be getting a good nights sleep tonight , now that you zinged us so

Quote from: Duck SauceI think people say he is such a great actor because he has been in a lot of great (or well liked) movies. I like Ed Norton, he seems like a nice gentle guy and fits roles fairly well. Aside from the other mentioned he was really good in 25th Hour. Just stay the fuck away from Devito

he gets offered really good shit like 25th hour because of this whole best actor of his era rep. That was a great part, with or with out him, and he didnt do anything to take the words from the script and send them in the cosmos . Again i say that he is a good actor, but not even close to being near the best