To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

polkablues

I like your avatar.  From Lucifer, no?
My house, my rules, my coffee

Split Infinitive

Quote from: polkablues on January 26, 2006, 01:28:13 PM
I like your avatar.  From Lucifer, no?
Thanks.  Indeed it is.  One of my favorite series.  I still haven't caught up on the last two TPBs, unfortunately.  I don't feign to be a great comics aficionado, but there are a few series I dearly love.
Please don't correct me. It makes me sick.

wollywood

I should've said hello to everyone here b4 I decided to have my first annoying post. http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=8571.0
I'm an oversea student and been studying in UK for nearly five yrs, maybe ppl here should be more interested in what films I really like:
I personally perfer classic films, but it's super difficult for me to list all my fav. ones here...  Kubrick is my fav. director, and particualr actors, I do like James cagney, and Jack Nichloson

I've done fine art in this univ. for nearly three yrs (it's my last yr by the way) and what I learnt here is nothing about film, but I'm quite into it, I have started my first screenplay (sure, it's not English version) which is like drama/romantic genre...

I'll be honest, I'm really not good at arguing on the forum, cos I'm used to listening and reading, partly due to my language limitation as well... that's bad, I know.
AYW, really like this forum, because I can learn a lot on film here. 

colbent

Hi. I read these forums sometimes because I enjoy many of the posts and/or information. I don't really post though. I'm not sure why. From now on I might? I have pretty horrible social skills, even on the internet. Probably especially on the internet. Thanks for maintaining a great forum for so long.

modage

thanks for the alia shawkat avatar.  so it's now your duty to post so that i can see it more often. welcome.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Naz

I was told to introduce myself here, so well, hello, I'm Nanda, 16 years old, I'll be 17 in a month. I live in The Netherlands and I want to become an actress.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reinhold

Quote from: Naz on February 03, 2006, 01:11:08 PM
I was told to introduce myself here, so well, hello, I'm Nanda, 16 years old, I'll be 17 in a month. I live in The Netherlands and I want to become an actress.

do you consider yourself "inspiring"?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

FORT

[fashionably late] ay. [/fashionably late]

thx to the admin.
p, and the rest.
"..we had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole multi-colored collection of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers, also; a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.. not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. the only thing that really worried me was the ether. there is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

FORT

Quoteit doesnt feel the same.

----- Original Message -----
To: hal9000@optonline.net
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 9:57 PM
Subject: pta board?

heyo. it's picolas. just wondering...why arentcha down at the new incranation of the pta board over at xixax.com?

wat up. im Chaz.
my account has recently been resurrected.

..actually, roughly im a n00b to the power7th
see, yrs ago, in the days of yore, i used to love gallivanting
around ye olde pta.com msg bored during its inception.

then it fell into a deep vortex, as did i fall into yet a deeper one..
mine was a project tentatively titled 'Anthology,' which, at the time, was in its pre-production phases.
i co-wrote it w/ two other guys, we are also co-directing. there are 5 individually titled vignettes
with a common theme, yes, but they are totally seperate otherwise, different genres even.
these stories are not  intermingling and they are also of varying lengths;
(the longest being about 15-20min. - shortest being approx. 7-10min.)
we are co-directing two of the five shorts and individually directing the other three.

storyboards are done. new lights and equipt have been obtained.
sets have been built, main actors have been cast. but, we still need to
dress the finished sets and aqcuire the other, more incidental characters.

..the production is now in its incubation phase, we hope it will be in full bloom soon..

in the meantime, i'll prolly be chillin here slightly more often, we'll see.
..good to be back n all that..
- one 1uv.
ps.
i was slummin it for a bit under sally o'malley, dint mean to be a troll tho
i wasnt trying to be totally inconspicuous. i knew wat email i was using.
[/size]
"..we had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole multi-colored collection of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers, also; a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.. not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. the only thing that really worried me was the ether. there is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

Reinhold

you seem to be mistaken... please go introduce yourself at xixiax.com
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

FORT

Pubrick

chuck. welcome back.

a couple of things:
-instead of posting twice only minutes apart as you've done on the previous page, use the button.
-no one really reads the subject title of each new post, which you hav filled in, so you may find more confusion meets posts such as those.
-don't worry if you don't get permanent username's jokes, the jury is still out on whether they are indeed jokes or not.

for everyone else: what chuck was trying to say is that he's from the old board and now he's back (see the first post of this thread for the definition of "old board"). his origin is evident from the classic C&C-syndrome symptoms he displays, ie. the phenomenon of talking funny. that's because back on the original board we used to occasionally talk in e-rhyme, in the same way Atticus Jones, bluejaytwist, and mike d do and/or used to.and now you know the rest of the story..
under the paving stones.

Pozer

Why is Atticus Jones? 
oh no he did not