Kill Bill: Volume Two

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2003, 01:38:09 AM

modage

Quote from: SoNowThenPart of me thinks that he was pissed off by the criticism heaped on Part 1 "all style, too much violence, not enough dialogue, blah blah blah", so he felt the need to really hammer home the character dev and dialogue this time. But I hope I'm wrong. Maybe he didn't even shoot any of that last fight...
yeah thats a good point.  i hope thats not the case either, (although if it WERE the case) maybe in some future release or on the deleted scenes a better contstruction of the movie can be made.  i think thats probably right, because he felt like there was SO MUCH action in one he could tone down/lose a lot of it in two, but i think that was a big mistake.  he needed those extra little bits in the budd/elle/bill moments to really make this movie better.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

brockly

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
:bs:  ..reservoir dogs is not excrement..its great....

but i can go sherlock homes on dat ass and find the reason why you didn't like resevoir dogs by analyzing your post..

what does excrement mean?

i like RD. when i said it was shit, i ment compared to his other films.

Quote from: NEON MERCURYha!    it seems that you and your friend have the same critiqing skills.....

what you mean by this? are you suggesting that the reason i said RD was shit is because i think its boring? or do you think it was wrong of me to have immediately dismissed my friend's opinion because of the fact he nearly fell asleep during it?

modage

Quote from: Brock Landerswhat does excrement mean?
excrement=shit
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mutinyco

Quote from: Brock Landershow is that? it remains in the top 5 below only 2 new releases. i hardly call that getting its balls kicked in.

You obviously have no knowledge of box office trends. Its $25 million opening was all hype. Anytime a movie plummets as much as this one has in its second week means it won't have legs. The people who wanted to see it have seen it.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

modage

i think the studio was aware of that though.  a QT movie (and especially one as weird as this) is not exactly mainstream fare.  and the studio knows that it wont play with middle america, so they find other creative ways to cover their asses.  like, splitting one movie into two, and putting out 6 different dvds.  if they can take that small core audience and shake out a hundred dollars each, then they can still turn a big profit!

brockly

uh huh, but like i said, how is it the film got its balls kicked in if the two films that are above it made less in their opening weekend than Vol. 2 did last weekend?

mutinyco

That's not Middle America. It's simply maximizing profit from minimal content.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

mutinyco

Quote from: Brock Landersuh huh, but like i said, how is it the film got its balls kicked in if the two films that are above it made less in their opening weekend than Vol. 2 did last weekend?

You're arguing something you don't understand. There wasn't as much hype. Kill Bill was all hype. The DVD came out the same week. The real question is how a movie holds up. I don't know how either new release will hold up. But a 60% drop for Kill Bill means a fast exit.

Secondly, you've answered your own question. 2 movies opened with less than Kill Bill in its first week, but more than KB in its second. That means its a plunge.

-St. Joe

brockly

Ok, it didn't kick ass at the box office this week. Thats more accurate.

Sorry Pubrick

Pubrick

i havn't said anything.  :yabbse-huh:
under the paving stones.

mutinyco

Quote from: Pubricki havn't said anything.  :yabbse-huh:

That's respect, huh?

-St. Joe

picolas

Quote from: mutinycoThat's respect, huh?
i don't get it.

mutinyco

He's apologizing to somebody who didn't even say anything.

-St. Joe

picolas

brockly

Quote from: mutinyco
Quote from: Pubricki havn't said anything.  :yabbse-huh:

That's respect, huh?

the reason i said that was actually because i do respect P and agree with him that bullshit discussions like this ruin a thread

Quote from: Pubrickonce again like in the eternal sunshine thread, can sumone (ono cos he's good at it) tell me what pages i should read in this piece of crap.
:yabbse-thumbup: