Original Star Wars Trilogy to be released on DVD

Started by Raikus, February 07, 2003, 03:29:25 PM

moonshiner

Quote from: MacGuffinWe've confirmed "unofficially" with three separate sources, each in positions to know, that at least SOME new footage is being added to the films

i'm going to say one thing on this, people would love and embrace all this extra stuff if George Lucas was a beloved sci-fi writer and the Star Wars books were classics long before the movie...obviously this is not the case, and nobody cares about Lucas' determination to perfect a work of art that has, in essence, become a commercial steamroller...

i meant everything i said except the part about only saying one thing on the matter, and the part about nobody caring about what Lucas does
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

grand theft sparrow

Lucas:Star Wars :: Michael Jackson:his face.

cine

Quote from: hacksparrowLucas:Star Wars :: Michael Jackson:his face.
I'm jotting that one down for any future SATs.

cine

Final artwork for the box set.

Widescreen:
________

Full screen:
_________

Banky

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Ravi

Shouldn't the gold one be widescreen?  Gold is better.

BTW, anyone see the Lucas parody on The Simpsons tonight?  "I'll just go back to copying westerns and samurai movies!"

SHAFTR

Quote from: RaviShouldn't the gold one be widescreen?  Gold is better.
!"

Maybe it's platinum.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

cine

Quote from: SHAFTR
Quote from: RaviShouldn't the gold one be widescreen?  Gold is better.
Maybe it's platinum.
Yeah, that was my guess too, actually.

NEON MERCURY

..nah the gold one is tacky...........but that silver vader is killer.. :!:

Stefen

I think it's funny that we've all just come to terms with fullscreen dvd's. Two years ago i couldn't beleive that they were releasing dvds in fullscreen cause I felt dvd was supposed to be for movie lovers, but again the masses got ahold of something I liked.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ono

They should really just fucking stop releasing fullscreen DVDs.  Let the idiots fade away in the glorious splendor of natural selection, and the smart ones figure out that, hey, THIS is the way movies are supposed to be.  But WTF am I doing in a Star Wars thread anyway?  *goes to read more about Eternal Sunshine...*

Just Withnail

That box is so damn beautiful. Sooo damn beautiful. The concept art Vader image is breathtaking.

moonshiner

it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine...

great packaging, what the dvd is all about, so glad to not be force fed 1 thru 3 just to get the real Star Wars' movies
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaThey should really just fucking stop releasing fullscreen DVDs.  Let the idiots fade away in the glorious splendor of natural selection, and the smart ones figure out that, hey, THIS is the way movies are supposed to be.  But WTF am I doing in a Star Wars thread anyway?  *goes to read more about Eternal Sunshine...*

Don't worry.  Those morons buying fullscreen will be crying when they get their widescreen TVs in a couple of years and complain that "the black bars are on the sides now."  

...and the sound of a hundred million geeks laughing will rise above the cities...