Cirriculum Vitae Help

Started by Redlum, January 05, 2005, 03:33:04 PM

Redlum

Could anyone here offer any advice or examples or advice on writing a CV for work placement applications in the Film/Televesion industry? Is there anything beyond the obvious that I should include. As the main focus will be technical - how much detail should I put into describing my level of proficiency with software and equipment if at all? Should I stick strictly to hobbies/interests/qualifications directly related to the job - would employees really care about sports and that kind of thing?

Thanks
Red
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

ono

I felt bad seeing this thread sit here for long.

Quote from: ®edlumCirriculum
First things first, though.  Curriculum.  I wouldn't normally care, but they might laugh you out of the interview with misspellings like that.

Now that that's out of the way...

Quote from: ®edlumCould anyone here offer any advice or examples or advice on writing a CV for work placement applications in the Film/Televesion industry? Is there anything beyond the obvious that I should include. As the main focus will be technical - how much detail should I put into describing my level of proficiency with software and equipment if at all? Should I stick strictly to hobbies/interests/qualifications directly related to the job - would employees really care about sports and that kind of thing?
I think you answered your own question.

Writing a good resume is a matter of keeping it simple.  There are so many different ways to do it, that they aren't going to fault you for one way or another, as long as the information is there and the presentation is clean.

Still need help, by the way?  Because I'm not gonna go on if you've already figured it out yourself.

Redlum

Thanks for replying. I sought advice from a tutor and someone in business and they both gave some conflicting information, so what you're saying makes sense. It's almost done now, but cheers anyway!
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas