Admins Abusing other members

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, December 16, 2003, 11:22:31 PM

Thecowgoooesmooo

Alright guys, in this thread I'd like to discuss particular instances where admins have abused the power given to them.

This thread isn't attacking any admins but I think I'd be great to have this thread as a "watchdog". Let's keep this thread civil, because its a touchy subject. For no reason, should this thread be deleted because we as XIXAX users are merely pointing out abuses of power and I think this thread could help out other Admins.

Anyways I'll start this off, by giving a recent example of an admin abusing power.

During the Michael Moore thread, cBRAD changed my signature to...
"I ENJOY DRINKING PISS" "A cBRAD production"

Now after I saw this, I immediately noted this, but it seemed like the other admins turned there heads to this type of behaviour.

My question for the other admins is,

What do you think of the behaviour that cBRAD showed in this particular instance? And was it right?

I don't think this is very professional and I think its hard for admins to issue power and create resolves when you don't "practice what you preach".

Also, feel free for other members to point out other instances if they exist.

For absolutely no reason should this thread be closed, because its just pointing out facts, nothing is made up here.

Let's be mature about this.

chris

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleuth

Your signature was an insult to an admin to begin with.  You didn't talk about that part, and it has nothing to do with what thread it was brought up in.  The admins are too nice sometimes, I think.
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

i have a sassy relatoinship with the admins ....

Thecowgoooesmooo

QuoteYour signature was an insult to an admin to begin with. You didn't talk about that part, and it has nothing to do with what thread it was brought up in. The admins are too nice sometimes, I think.

I will talk about that part if you like.

My original signature was...

Don't judge someone by their post count. Just look at P.

You can read the reaction, and the drama that P created after these two simple sentences in the Michael Moore thread.

I really didn't think P would become enraged with anger over that signature, because quite frankly, It's not bad. I'm sorry P, if you I upset you with those terrible remarks. I am truly sorry.

And no, this thread nor does the instance of where cBRAD changed my signature to.. "I enjoy drinking piss" have anything to do with my original signature. This thread is about admins abusing their power.

chris

MacGuffin

Quote from: ThecowgoooesmoooI really didn't think P would become enraged with anger over that signature, because quite frankly, It's not bad.

Maybe not that one, but the four others you posted after might have had something to do with it.

Quote from: ThecowgoooesmoooMy question for the other admins is,

What do you think of the behaviour that cBRAD showed in this particular instance? And was it right?

At times, some of my fellow admins (and myself) can get a little hotheaded and make snap judgments. We're human.

I think what cbrad did was wrong. But just because you don't see it, doesn't mean actions aren't taken. It was dealt with two weeks ago.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Thecowgoooesmooo

Quotequote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Thecowgoooesmooo:
I really didn't think P would become enraged with anger over that signature, because quite frankly, It's not bad. I'm sorry P, if you I upset you with those terrible remarks. I am truly sorry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a lie. He had complained about it, and you did nothing. I'm you're "sorry," remove it.

Mr. Blackman, I am TRULY sorry to P. As you can see, I removed my original signature.

Anyways Blackman, lets try to stay on topic.

Blackman, do you know of any instances where Admins have abused power?

chris

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi have a sassy relatoinship with the admins ....

no you don't.

ok, you're right. you do.

cowgoesmoo, i guess i'm biased cuz i'm an admin and all, but by using "post count doesn't matter, look at p" as your sig, you're giving a very clear message. p complained and said to you, outright, hey, b/c of that sig, i really do not like you. we are not friends in the slightest bit. so you took the sig down. now you have a mutual understanding that you're not friends and you in fact really do not like each other. so what do you do? you put a quote from P acting humorous to somebody else on the board in a slightly threatening way and then start this thread. just seems like you're trying to start shit just because. then you yell at the admins when we say, "hey. why are you picking on us?" you say to us, "no defending yourselves! this thread is to show the facts! everybody, tell about how you hate admins!" well, if you don't like us, leave. nobody's asking you to stay.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Thecowgoooesmooo

Quotei think you're a trouble maker.

I think you're a beautiful human being.

Quote"hey. why are you picking on us?" you say to us, "no defending yourselves! this thread is to show the facts! everybody, tell about how you hate admins!" well, if you don't like us, leave. nobody's asking you to stay.

Check out my original post...

QuoteThis thread isn't attacking any admins but I think I'd be great to have this thread as a "watchdog".

I've never said I hated the admins... And I've never said I didn't like anybody.. In fact, I've never said I disliked P, check out the threads.

Let's keep this on topic.

chris

phil marlowe

what the fuck is the point of THIS?

Pedro

cine

Yeah, these threads are lame. Go fly a kite, moo.

Fernando

Quote from: Pi think you're a trouble maker.

ha ha, ha ha ha