any ryan adams fans?

Started by abbey road, May 21, 2003, 03:41:41 PM

modage

Quote from: godardianRyan Adams is interviewed by Parker Posey in the new Interview (w/ Naomi Watts on the cover).

Apparently, Posey and Adams are a couple. I didn't know.

Quote from: themodernage02also in issue: neat little interview with Ryan Adams and his mrs. Parker Posey.

BAM!  dropped that juicy little tidbit a few days ago godardian!  j/k

my uncle saw Ryan a few nights ago at the 9:30 Club in DC here.  apparently he played for like 2 1/2 hours and did almost everything off Rock N Roll and only one song off Gold, "sylvia plath".  my uncle said he was good.  i wanted to go, but girlfriend in different city, no money right now.  atleast i saw him a year or two ago (although this tour was probably more fun, as Rock N Roll seeems to be suited to be played live).  also, my uncle said he played the song "wish you were here" in its ENTIRETY, THREE TIMES IN A ROW. like for no reason.  he didnt mess it up or anything.  they just finished the song and played it again.  weird, what a genius!  

also need to hear Love Is Hell Pt. 2.  probably wont till xmas though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

godardian

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: godardianRyan Adams is interviewed by Parker Posey in the new Interview (w/ Naomi Watts on the cover).

Apparently, Posey and Adams are a couple. I didn't know.

Quote from: themodernage02also in issue: neat little interview with Ryan Adams and his mrs. Parker Posey.

BAM!  dropped that juicy little tidbit a few days ago godardian!  j/k

my uncle saw Ryan a few nights ago at the 9:30 Club in DC here.  apparently he played for like 2 1/2 hours and did almost everything off Rock N Roll and only one song off Gold, "sylvia plath".  my uncle said he was good.  i wanted to go, but girlfriend in different city, no money right now.  atleast i saw him a year or two ago (although this tour was probably more fun, as Rock N Roll seeems to be suited to be played live).  also, my uncle said he played the song "wish you were here" in its ENTIRETY, THREE TIMES IN A ROW. like for no reason.  he didnt mess it up or anything.  they just finished the song and played it again.  weird, what a genius!  

also need to hear Love Is Hell Pt. 2.  probably wont till xmas though.

Dammit!!!!! I hate that I'm not the only one who reads Interview. That's MY magazine!! Do you hear me? MINE!
Andy Warhol said so. It's in his diaries somewhere.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

SoNowThen

Quote from: cowboykurtisheartbreaker

yep, a great album, as is Stranger's Almanac by early Adams band Whiskeytown.

Lose Is Hell pt.2 is nearly as good as pt.1. This was to be the album of his career thus far. Too bad it got split up like this. Oh well. Time to burn myself a "full" copy...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Ryan Adams breaks arm during performance

Ryan Adams has had to cancel some live dates after breaking his wrist during a UK gig.

The singer fell off a stage during a sell-out show at the Liverpool Royal Court last night (Thursday).

The accident happened during the last song of the set and fans say he tried to continue performing but stumbled off stage clutching his arm.

He was taken to the Royal Liverpool University Hospital where he was treated for a fracture.

Gigs in Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy and Spain have been cancelled. He was due to return to the UK in February for gigs in London, Brighton and Birmingham, but a spokesperson for Ryan has said it looks unlikely the gigs will take place.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

kassius

Ryan Adams kicks ass!  One of my favorites.  I hadn't heard of him until listening to a bootleg of the Counting Crows when their leader singer, Adam Duritz, started to praise him on stage before covering one of his songs. I was like, "I gotta check this dude out".  I bought one of his CDs, "loved it", and then started to collect "Whiskeytown" stuff.

They turned me into the whole alternative-country scene.

Still haven't heard his newest album.  I don't know why, but I keep putting it off.

myadopteddaughter

I recently bought Ryan Adam's new album "Rock n' Roll" and I like it a lot. I mean, it's completely different from his other stuff, but I still think it's awesome.
mmm, mmmm good

MacGuffin

Adams Injury More Serious Than First Thought  

Rocker RYAN ADAMS could never play the guitar again, after falling off stage and breaking his wrist last Thursday night.

Doctors have told the NEW YORK, NEW YORK star he could lose 20 per cent of the movement in his wrist following the accident at Liverpool, England's ROYAL COURT venue when he tumbled two metres (six feet) off stage.

Adams also injured his leg and a microphone cut his lip in the fall, which happened midway through a performance of SHADOWLANDS.

The indie singer-songwriter - who has now flown back to recuperate at home in his native America - has been told it will take a minimum of six to nine weeks for his injury to recover.

The 29-year-old says, "I heard the noise but I didn't feel the pain. The sound of my wrist breaking off my arm was really loud. It popped. People heard it. I think you could hear the break.

"I remember thinking, 'OK, my neck is fine,' then making sure my back was OK. Then people came to help me. Then I looked at my arm and went, 'Oh s***.'

"To begin with I thought it was just swollen but after a first glance I knew exactly what had happened. I was thinking 'This is it, it's f***ed.' By the time I walked off and saw it, it was so f***ing heinous.

"These ER people had to cut off all my bracelets. When they were cutting them off my 1974 tattoo, blood was coming out of my skin even though there was no cut. It was trickling through my pores. That was when I almost fainted. Some people couldn't look at it.

"They said it'll take at least six weeks or two months. They might have to wire it together with metal wires.

"The guess now is that I could lose up to 20 per cent of the mobility in my wrist. That's the percentage I won't be able to bend it any more.

"My fingers and hand will be fine but I'll have to re-train my wrist. We'll see about guitar but it might make me a great piano player. I have a feeling I'll be able to pull through. It's all about making sure I can get my wrist about a guitar."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

kassius

Quote from: myadopteddaughterI recently bought Ryan Adam's new album "Rock n' Roll" and I like it a lot. I mean, it's completely different from his other stuff, but I still think it's awesome.

It's more loud, right?  I heard he released two versions (Part 1 & 2) and the second part was a bit slower.

I still need to check it out.  I'm lazy!

kassius

Quote from: MacGuffinAdams Injury More Serious Than First Thought  

Rocker RYAN ADAMS could never play the guitar again, after falling off stage and breaking his wrist last Thursday night.

That is ashame.  I heard about this about a week ago on his site.  Ryan was a true sport, even put photos from his trip to the hospital.  

I hope he gets back to together, a true talent, that is just starting to get noticed in the mainstream.

mogwai

this is called a button don't be afraid to use it.

modage

RYAN ADAMS will release 'LOVE IS HELL' as a complete album in May

The album was originally sold as two mini albums, after record label 'Lost Highway' felt the album "too dark" to release. Adams has since released 'Rock 'N' Roll'.

Adams, who is currently recovering in New York after surgery performed on his broken wrist, will release the album on May 3.

RYAN ADAMS has announced details of an exclusive download-only EP

The three-track 'Moroccan Role' EP is available exclusively through iTunes now.

The track listing is:

'Ah Life'
'I'm Coming Over'
'Don't Even Know Her Name'
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bigperm

Safe As Milk

RYAN MOURNS LOSS OF 'FRIENDS'

RYAN ADAMS has temporally closed his website as a mark of respect for the death of six 'FRIENDS'.

Following the airing of the last ever programme of the hit American show in the US last night (May 6), Adams has dedicated the site's brief closure to Joey, Chandler, Ross, Rachel, Monica and Phoebe. The site will be "closed until further notice".

Adams' latest EP 'Moroccan Role' is available as a download only from iTunes.
context, context, context.

coffeebeetle

^^^

Okay, I'm more than a little sickened by that one.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)