Impressive Honda Ad -- Take 606

Started by 82, April 14, 2003, 11:36:15 AM

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Pwaybloe

Amazing.  It looks like automobile makers are the frontrunners on creative advertising.

Pedro

mindfuck

Pretty cool. Anything that shows a little creativity is good in my book. Anyone think there was just a little too much camera movement though? Hard to follow at times.

dufresne

Quote from: mindfuckAnyone think there was just a little too much camera movement though? Hard to follow at times.

hard to follow a l-to-r dolly?

here's the all important question though.  does all this make you want to buy that Honda?  :-D
There are shadows in life, baby.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: dufresnehere's the all important question though.  does all this make you want to buy that Honda?  :-D

HaHa!  I was thinking the same thing.  It's a pretty cool commercial, but if I was a Honda exec, I would be pissed on wasting all that money.  I still have yet to see that commercial on TV.

sphinx

-dazza-

I've seen it loads of times on the telly over here.

I'm still not sure how they did the bit with the three tires hitting each other while rolling up a ramp. It doesn't seem possible.
"Go home, Yank. 'Tis my field." - The late, great, Richard Harris.

Newbie Confusion Device:  CLICK HERE

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

Quote from: -dazza-I've seen it loads of times on the telly over here.

I'm still not sure how they did the bit with the three tires hitting each other while rolling up a ramp. It doesn't seem possible.

They cheated.. They put lead weights in the tires.

Also Pawbloe, the reason you haven't seen it is because you are living in the US, and this advert is for countrys who drive on the left side of the road.  Didn't you notice the orientation of the drivers seat?
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Duck Sauce

Quote from: 82

Also Pawbloe, the reason you haven't seen it is because you are living in the US, and this advert is for countrys who drive on the left side of the road.  Didn't you notice the orientation of the drivers seat?

And us Americans dont have the patience to watch it work, we need to see the practical uses for cars, like skidding on sand in the desert flats.

What is that name of the movie with a contraption like this?

BonBon85

Quote from: Duck SauceWhat is that name of the movie with a contraption like this?

There's been a few Rube Goldberg type machines in movies. Off the top of my head are the gate in The Goonies and the breakfast machine in Peewee's Big Adventure.

MacGuffin

Jackass had one that failed. It's part of their deleted scenes.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

QuoteThis ad is most definitely a nod to the filmmakers Peter Fischli and David Weiss. Their 1987 film, "The Way Things Go" is a 30-minute-long showing of a contraption they built out of household items. (More information about the film here. To purchase the film go here.)

Anybody seen this?

ProgWRX

why the hell is cowboykurtis allowed to use that goatse shit as his avatar?!   :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x
-Carlos