Best movie soundtracks

Started by joke08, February 21, 2003, 02:22:56 PM

bonanzataz

Quote from: XixaxHedwig and the Angry Inch

You're a Hedwig and the Angry Inch whore, xixax. I love it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

phil marlowe

The Natural Born Killers soundtrack is fuckin awesome and the Waynes World 2 also has its moments.

Dirk

All the Real Girls looks like it will have a good soundtrack with the likes of Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, Labradford, and other artists. A post-rock junkies dream  8)
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

BonBon85

Quote from: mogwai

Who's in that movie, Dirk?

Check out the "directors to add thread" dig through it and you'll discover ebeaman's apparent obsession with the cast.  (I'm too lazy to redirect this morning)

MacGuffin

Quote from: BonBon85(I'm too lazy to redirect this morning)

I'm not:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=219
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

moonshiner

philadelphia (springsteen's and n.young's track especially)
almost famous
wonder boys (very good)
breaking the waves (life on mars, elton john, suzanne, irrepressible...)
so many others, love paul thomas anderson's and tarantino's, very hip
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Raikus

The first CD I ever bought: "Hook" soundtrack. I still say that it is one of the best scores ever composed for a movie.

As far as soundtracks you can rock out too: Empire Records and High Fidelity are my top two.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

The First tape I ever bought with my own money was the "Electric Dreams" Soundtrack.

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKarateThe First tape I ever bought with my own money was the "Electric Dreams" Soundtrack.

I have the CD...still. Wish MGM would release the DVD.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Quote from: BonBon85
Quote from: mogwai

Who's in that movie, Dirk?

Check out the "directors to add thread" dig through it and you'll discover ebeaman's apparent obsession with the cast.  (I'm too lazy to redirect this morning)

:lol:  Hell yeah. Well, maybe not the whole cast....I do love the two leads: Zooey Deschanel and Paul Schneider to death though...and the guy who made it: David Gordon Green, he's a fucking genius. Most of the other people are new to me.

But yeah, the score excerpts in the trailer are fucking awesome, I hope all of that stuff is on the soundtrack.

tpfkabi

pure score:
vertigo
Star Wars Box Set
Jurassic Park
First Night
The Secret of Nimh
Glory

mixture of score and songs:
PDL
rushmore
the royal tenenbaums
the graduate
magnolia (only one track of score i think, but oh well)
*on a sidenote* wasn't there a pure score CD for magnolia?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SHAFTR

1.  About a Boy

I also like Magnolia, Purple Rain, Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction.  Reservoir Dogs, although it only has 5 songs.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Ghostboy

There was a complete score CD for Magnolia, and I listen to it far more than the Aimee Mann disc.

Purple Rain is so awesome. I went to a midnight screening of the film last night. It is a gloriously awful movie, but the music is so good. I love it.

av8raaron

I've got Bjork's "Selmasongs" - the soundtrack to "Dancer in the Dark" - in my car right now.  Not usually my kind of music, but I'm diggin it.
Fresh buttered toast.