There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

modage

continue to look at me.  know that your girlfriend does not really love you and/or it will probably not work out.  but an xixax lasts forever.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reinhold

deep in my heart i've always known that....  unfortunately i just got an e-mail back and it's not a ticket-in-hand kind of thing. our names are on a list.

Quote from: modage on December 04, 2007, 01:52:11 PM
it will probably not work out.  but an xixax lasts forever.

marquee material.

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Gamblour.

Agree with marquee material, but only if there's "a/an" involved. Need we have the pronunciation conversation again?
WWPTAD?

context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: Gamblour. on December 04, 2007, 04:03:38 PM
Agree with marquee material, but only if there's "a/an" involved.

the only way "an" can be justified is by spelling out the word, letter by letter. "an ex eye ex ay ex" "annexe sigh yex sayex".. that sucks.

haha, i like jijaj..
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

JONNY GREENWOOD
Source: Los Angeles Times

In Paul Thomas Anderson's films, music is not just significant -- it's often front and center, impossible to ignore. Anderson prominently featured Aimee Mann's emotive ballads in "Magnolia" and Jon Brion's pump-organ symphonies in "Punch-Drunk Love," and his use of music reaches new heights of inspiration in "There Will Be Blood." In this visceral tale of greed, hypocrisy and sociopathic hatred in oil-rich, turn-of-the-20th-century California, the toxic sentiments seem to bubble up from (and seep back into) the volatile orchestral score by Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood, working in movies for the first time.

"It was a far freer musical experience than I expected," Greenwood said. "There were no real click tracks, no points to hit or duck at exactly the right second. It felt like we were always recording minutes of music, rather than seconds."

Greenwood, whose band's "In Rainbows" is one of the year's best-reviewed albums, moonlights as composer in residence for the BBC Concert Orchestra.

Horror films were a reference point for "Blood," Greenwood said. He and Anderson also discussed "early American church music and what that would have sounded like in these isolated towns." Daniel Day-Lewis' eyes "were probably the biggest single influence," he said, for the mood of unspoken malice. "But there's also a kid in the middle of the story, so I tried to get some sweetness and hope in the music too."

The score's unnerving dissonance begins with the blast of strings that accompanies the first shot and never lets up. "We were limited to period instruments, but within that we tried to disconcert the viewer," Greenwood said. "It's the sense that something's gone wrong, a broken orchestra. For one cue, we detuned the strings to unplayable slackness. And some of the more conventional chamber stuff has awkward hesitations written into it. I'm really interested in mistakes."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

that shoulda been the poster.

if this movie doesn't sweep all the major (and minor) awards, i'm blaming the font. and maxim.

thanks for scanning that one, mac. saved me a trip to my local SAG news stand.
under the paving stones.

picolas

i did a double take thinking it was Xixax on my way down the quote.

Astrostic

has anyone received their tickets for the Museum of Moving Image screening yet?  I live in Boston, and I haven't gotten mine, and I can just see it not coming in the mail by Tuesday, and then I have to explain to the people there what happened, and then there's blood everywhere because they don't let me in.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Conversation yesterday:

My friend, Cody: I got to see Walk Hard this afternoon.. Matt got me into the press screening, he's seeing There Will Be Blood tomorrow

ME: What's Matt's number?

I took a picture of me praying and texted it to Matt.

I got a text with where and when to meet him this afternoon.

I saw There Will Be Blood today.