The simpsons vrs other cartoons (official simpsons thread)

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, May 18, 2003, 08:07:36 PM

JG

I consider myself a simpson's fan but i don't have any of the DVDs and don't know the titles of any of the shows.  

a few things...

what do you think of the trash episode where they have to move springfield?   that's my favorite episode ever.

also, what's so bad about season 13?  can you name a few episodes?

Pubrick

Quote from: JimmyGatorsimpson's fan
even a simpsons hater wouldn't butcher the name like that.

Quote from: JimmyGatoralso, what's so bad about season 13?  can you name a few episodes?
i won't dignify that with a response.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Quote from: JimmyGator
also, what's so bad about season 13?  can you name a few episodes?

Um, EVERY EPISODE.

MacGuffin

Those of you who happened to pick up 20th Century Fox's The Simpsons: The Complete Sixth Season today will find a little card inside your packaging... "For all those that fear change." Basically, if you don't like the new "character head" packaging, Fox is offering to send you (for the cost of the postage) replacement packaging for the Season 6 set that matches the packaging for Seasons 1-5. All you have to do is call 1-888-223-2369 for instructions (the insert mistakenly says it's a 1-800 number - it's not), OR visit the special www.simpsonsbox.com website the studio has created to handle the replacement program.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

72teeth

just sent mine in...now all i have to do is wait a cool 4 to 6 weeks...starting.....now.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

72teeth

Season 5
Homer goes to college
Bart gets an elephant
Deep space homer
Secrets of successful marriage
Sweet Skinner's baadasssss song...

Season 6
Lisa on ice
Grampa vs. sexual inadequacy
Homer the great
Bart vs. australia
A star is burns
Who shot Mr. burns part 1...

Yowza Yowza Yowza

hedwig

72teeth

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pubrick

Quote from: Hedwighe meant seasons 10 11 through 16
fixed
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

Quote from: GaramYeah, 10 had some half-decent episodes. I thought it was on series 17 now. I lost count.

Theres occasionally some gems in 11-12 too. Like the tale of two Springfields with the Who.
agreed, feel free to read the rest of the thread.

actually just ignore the first couple pages/anything from 2003, and start here.
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

Quote from: GaramI've read enough Simpsons vs South Park vs Family Guy vs King of the Hill vs Futurama threads over the internet in my time that i'm sure it doesn't hold anything new for me.
i guess that makes sense, since ur the same age as the simpsons..
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

Quote from: GaramIs that supposed to be an insult?
oh, no way, i would never disrespect my elders.

they hav so much experience.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Simpsons Movie Will Have Refined Look
But don't expect it any time soon.

No one ever said The Simpsons was breaking new ground in animation; but then, it's never had to. However, the simplistic cel artwork we've grown to love over the last 16 seasons (and counting) is going to get a bit of a makeover when the new Simpsons movie arrives. Exactly how it will look, though, has not been decided.

"We're looking at various tests to get the right look," producer Dave Mirkin told the Houston Chronicle. "We're taking it into the realm of cinema but not too far from how it looks on the show."

Mirkin added that the movie is still just in the writing stages, with no production or release date scheduled. "It's all about the quality – the writing – which we're working on now. We are very quality conscious, and we don't want the series to suffer because of the movie."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks