Anyone Use A Typewriter?

Started by Bud_Clay, February 28, 2003, 11:38:19 PM

Bud_Clay

I'm leaning towards buying a new typewriter rather than a script writing program. I'm curious if anyone might have any suggestions as to what kind of typewriter is the best? I'd like for it to have the same font that is used by P.T. Anderson as well as David Lynch and most screenwriters. Is that simply courier?

Cecil

yup. courier. i used one when i was 12 thru 15. i dont know what it was. it wasnt electric though. it was sweet.

Xixax

You guys are gluttons for punishment.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Cecil

Ernie

I've been thinking about buying one sometime in the distant future after seeing Adaptation. It's like...old school or something...nostalgic stuff. I think my grandma might have one I could have...not sure.

Right now, I just follow my own homemade script format using Microsoft Word on courier.

MacGuffin

Hope you guys have access to a copier.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Xixax

Typewriters don't seem to make much sense, considering the power of word processors. I can't see any justification at all for using a typewriter.

Rewrites would be a nightmare.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

xerxes

Quote from: XixaxI can't see any justification at all for using a typewriter.

what about that cool sound it makes when you type???

Bud_Clay

rewriting would be a bit of a pain in the ass but i think you would become more familiar with what you are writing that way...maybe you will notice something or get an idea you would not have had the chance to get otherwise. i don't know i'm just trying something new to see if it works because right now i am really hating computers and i cant open up the program i write scripts with...(another thing that wouldnt matter if you used a typewriter).