how's your Plainview?

Started by JG, January 16, 2008, 12:06:28 PM

JG

has anybody been practicing their plainview impersonations? it took me a while, but my buddies say i'm starting to get good at "i drink your milkshake" and "bastard in a basket."  we had a lot of trouble with the laugh after "...people."

grand theft sparrow

I've been working on mine since the teaser.  I incorporate, "Ladies and gentlemen, if I say ____________ , you will agree," into casual conversation.

hedwig

Quote from: H.(sparro)W. on January 16, 2008, 12:21:46 PM
I incorporate, "Ladies and gentlemen, if I say ____________ , you will agree," into casual conversation.

i did that for a while... now i'm more likely to use "you look like a ffffffffffffffffooool.."

picolas

i've been in a room with four Plainview impressions going. the most popular phrase by far is "THERE'S A WHOLE OCEAN OF OIL!" followed by "I've abandoned my child!" mind you none of the four had seen the movie at the time. i've gotten pretty good. have yet to try milkshake, bastard, or fool. i don't understand how ddl didn't wreck his voice. it's so.. scratchy/throaty. maybe he did it some other way.

Gamblour.

The line I like to say is "this is my son, H-double-U Plainview." I then follow that with politically incorrect impressions of adult HW... :yabbse-undecided:
WWPTAD?

Pozer

im pretty good at "Oh" from the deleted campfire scene.  that's about it. 

cine

i can do a kickass vincent froio.

last days of gerry the elephant

Thank you people for keeping me entertained through this hell of an all-nighter.

picolas

i split this cause it deserved it.

©brad

funny stuff. i really want to use these lines in everyday speak but i only know like 2 ppl who have seen the movie.

modage

Quote from: ©MBBrad on January 17, 2008, 08:30:36 AM
funny stuff. i really want to use these lines in everyday speak but i only know like 2 ppl who have seen the movie.
i'm kinda doing that anyway, usually without the accent.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleepless

I've pretty much got the "why don't I own this?" speech down.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

Quote from: Sleepless on January 17, 2008, 09:14:24 AM
I've pretty much got the "why don't I own this?" speech down.

I pulled that one out as I was walking through Borders with my girlfriend and saw the 3-disc "Hot Fuzz" special edition.  It was a spot-on impression, but she said she would break up with me if I ever did it again.  I'm pretty sure she was kidding....   :ponder:
My house, my rules, my coffee

noyes

nothing better than giving someone the ol' "Do you understand, (their name)? That's more to the point, do you understand?"
they get scared.
south america's my name.

Stefen

This reminds me of the time you guys all went out and got those little orange hats that Team Zissou wears.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.