Welles and Don Quixote

Started by A Matter Of Chance, August 12, 2003, 03:22:03 PM

A Matter Of Chance

I've heard from a few different places that Orson Welles  was obessesed with bringing his version of "Don Quixote" to the screen. From what I hear, he only got bits and pieces of the film done and kept on filming after his Don Quixote died. Even after Welles died, the film wasn't complete. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on this? And is it worth it, of is it just trash?

Find Your Magali

A few years ago, there was a Spanish documentary called "Orson Welles in the Land of Don Quixote."

Never saw it and don't know where to get it, but I imagine that if there's any footage of Welles' "Quixote," then it's in this documentary.

Of course, you should also check out the brilliant "Lost in La Mancha" if you're interested in failed attempts to make a Quixote film.

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: Find Your MagaliA few years ago, there was a Spanish documentary called "Orson Welles in the Land of Don Quixote."

Never saw it and don't know where to get it, but I imagine that if there's any footage of Welles' "Quixote," then it's in this documentary.

Of course, you should also check out the brilliant "Lost in La Mancha" if you're interested in failed attempts to make a Quixote film.

Yeah, I loved it. That's where I heard about this one.