Stella

Started by Ravi, June 26, 2005, 02:24:09 PM

modage

i guess i meant 'anyone else'.  yeah, they were online like a week ago at collegehumor.com but now they're gone. i guess with the show coming on they might've been concerned with bandwith.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pwaybloe

I downloaded 16 of the shorts before they moved to collegehumor.com.  Their bandwith (on the old site) kept on crashing, so I never could get them all.

But, yes, they are hilarious.  The pilot is very tame compared to the shorts.  I didn't see one black dildo.  Unless I went to the bathroom then.  Confirm?

Sleuth

No, they've said they aren't going to do that anymore

1) because they can't on CC
and 2) because they are tired of it

I guess they aren't selling the DVD anymore either (suckers)

related reading
I like to hug dogs

Ravi

I caught a CC rerun of the first episode and noticed that a few lines here were missing that were on the Spin magazine DVD (spoilers):

-When the one with the glasses (I only know Michael Ian Black) burns sage near Mueller he says "This is real good for your chakra" (paraphrased)

-When the glasses guy goes to the blond woman's apartment and says "I have some open heart surgery to perform," Edward Norton's retort, "Man, I admire that!" is cut.

-When Mueller has the heart attack, one of the three tells them to stop making small talk, then he makes some small talk himself.

Were these lines in the original broadcast?

Sleuth

I just watched the original version, and I'm sure the Edward Norton line was cut, but I don't remember if the other two were there or not.  The televised version had a shorter ending too, so that Comedy Central could use their own credits and whatever
I like to hug dogs

Ravi

Ah, forgot about the ending.  There was an "epilogue" where they go on a boogie-boarding trip.

Sleuth

No, that was on both versions, they just cut it really short for TV
I like to hug dogs

modage

HILARIOUS eyes wide shut reference on tonites otherwise lackluster episode.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: modageHILARIOUS eyes wide shut reference on tonites otherwise lackluster episode.

I thought there were some great gags in this episode, but the EWS one made me laugh for a really long time since I really didn't see it coming.

I really liked the "Do you remember what you said?" "No. *Thinks* Yes, I was just being condescending." "It moved me." "I don't see how."  The expressions in the show are so beautiful.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: modageHILARIOUS eyes wide shut reference on tonites otherwise lackluster episode.
someone show me this reference..
under the paving stones.

Fernando

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pubrick

I don't have it to show, but what happened was they invited the girls for a sleep over and they did all kinds of fun stuff like playing twister and doing each other's hair, and then in one of the scenes all the guys wear the mask Tom Cruise wore and the girls wear elaborate masks similar to the girls' masks in EWS, and it plays the weird music while you see them watching a man and woman having sex.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

I don't think the rest of the episodes live up to the first.  They're funny, but the first one captured something that I think they're trying to recreate in the subsequent episodes, and it doesn't gell quite as well.

Even so, its better than 99% of the dreck out there, and I do like it, so I will continue to watch.

modage

Quote from: Pubrick

watch the clip Sleepover here: http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/stella/index.jhtml