Peep Show

Started by Bruce Lee, March 28, 2005, 10:28:33 AM

Garam

Final series starts airing in the UK next Wednesday.

I hope it's a good last hoorah cause I thought series 8 was pretty shit.

why do you guys call them series when they;re seasons, what do you call whole shows

Garam

We used to call them programmes, but we call them shows now since we're becoming increasingly Americanised.

We don't call them seasons because our shows don't generally last whole seasons (of the year - 13 weeks or more).

I make the distinction when referring to American shows, call them seasons. Honestly I don't think it's that big of a deal but I try to keep the British way of saying things most of the time, cause I resent everything defaulting to the Americanism, and believe that diversity isn't such a bad thing.

Jeremy Blackman

Series is really more accurate anyway now that so much American TV has moved toward the British model.

The British usage of "brilliant" has subtleties that I'm not comfortable with, though.

Garam

It's back - it's good!

Not 'brilliant' though.

cronopio2

"this is against the geneva convention!"

Garam

"I 'eard the Strokes before you..."

"Shall we...do a Litvinenko?"

Actually pretty damn good. Series 1-3 quality.

Garam

The way they ended Sophie's arc is so hysterically cruel. Mark is a terrible person. Also, the decision to shoehorn SuperHans into almost every episode this series is a good shout. He's Peep Show's Kramer. Almost everything he says is hilarious.

One episode left. I'm going to miss this show. I was 15 when I first started watching it. I feel old.

modage

This final season is really going out in a blaze of glory. I'm going to miss it too. The weirdest thing for me is not how the show has changed much (which it hasn't) but to think of how much the landscape of TV (at least in America) has changed all around it. When I discovered this in 2007, there was truly nothing else like it on TV so it was easy to declare it 'the best' where now it's hard to even keep up with the amount of shows that are good/interesting or worthwhile in some way. Still, Peep Show holds a special place in my heart. I'd love to go back and rewatch it someday from the beginning but when to find the time...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.