DVD Warnings and Unexpected Pluses (not easter eggs)

Started by socketlevel, December 17, 2004, 06:01:03 PM

polkablues

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on November 19, 2012, 12:27:31 PM
Quote from: Reelist on November 18, 2012, 12:12:09 PM
I can't believe I bought the Drive DVD with all the juicy special features like Commentary and behind the scenes shit that wasn't available on the other DVD's I scoped out and now when I pop it in, the BUTTON to access the special features doesn't work!!!!!!!!$*$&&@*@@#%%^$*&@&#$@!!$$&%&

Got any ideas of how I could jimmy the blu ray player to make it work? I'm thinking of going at it with a screwdriver. Anyone ever had this problem? I've tried it on like 50 different DVD players. Yeah, it's good to at least own a copy of the movie, but I can watch it in HD on netflix. The shit is just a piece of plastic.

Talk about your DVD fuckups to help make me feel better.

Which edition of Drive are you talking about? I searched the net for one with a commentary however nothing came up.

Was it this?
My house, my rules, my coffee

HeywoodRFloyd

Interesting, thanks Polka. Reelist, if you get the film to work can you comment on if there actually is a commentary, because I still can't believe that the Japanese release would get more stuff than anyone else.

Reel

Quote from: Pwaybloe on November 19, 2012, 12:02:03 PM
Did you happen to purchase a used copy?

Yes, it was used. I bought it at a flea market for $2 ( so I really shouldn't be bitching, right? ) No type of errors came up, but when I try to go to special features on the menu it just flat out doesn't highlight it, FUCK!!!!

No, it's not the japanese version. The cover looks just like the American release only under the special features there is commentary with Director, Gosling, Mulligan, Hendricks and Cranston. Also deleted/extended scenes with commentary, making of 'Drive' and Stunt Driving with Ryan Gosling

I hope that if we put our heads together we can find a solution. Pwaybloe seemed to be onto something...

Probably just another April Fools joke from Polka

polkablues

Reel

I meant to clarify that it's NOT a bootleg, I'd be able to tell. The flea market I frequent has a very reputable DVD vendor who wouldn't stoop that low, ONLY QUALITY FLICKS. Way to try and cover your tracks, though.

polkablues

Did you play it in your Sorny DVD player on your Panaphonic TV?

Reel

well, I did happen to buy it in Bali and this was the cover art:

but other than that, IT'S LEGIT. I SWEAR!!!!

Reel

Ok, so get this. On my beloved Taxi Driver blu ray, there are many cool special features. The one I was most excited about though, is the commentary with Schrader and Scorsese that they recorded in '86. As far as I know it isn't available anywhere except probably the laserdisc it originally came out on. So, after watching my favorite movie of all the time again with the best picture and sound quality ever, you'd think that what I'd naturally do is listen to the commentary after, right? WRONG.

The.Shit.Didn't.Work

There isn't even an option to turn it on, like with the other commentaries on there. You select it and absolutely nothing happens, and then- even better, the whole menu freezes up and you have to start it over again. This is a brand new DVD, I don't understand WTF is wrong with it. Other people own this version, right? Have you had any problems? Or are the DVD Gods conspiring against me to make it so I'll never be able to watch a commentary for a movie about psychopaths driving people around- whether they don't talk or can't shut up, and who find a common enemy in Albert Brooks?

Frederico Fellini

We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Reel

Thank you, thank you, 1 million times THANK YOU!

...now go find the Drive commentary

HeywoodRFloyd

In that commentary Scorsese talks about just finishing Goodfellas on my disc, but it's advertised as a 1986 Criterion Commentary. Is it a different commentary that they've accidentally put on or is there only one commentary and 1986 is wrongly advertised?