Arrested Development

Started by Weak2ndAct, October 24, 2004, 12:25:59 AM

JG

two great great episodes.  so many classic lines.  the whole wee britian plot line seems like it will work out after all.  the japanese segment was hilarious. 

modage

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Arrested and Kitchen Cut Back
Source: Variety November 10, 2005

Variety reports that Fox has cut back its episode order on Arrested Development to just 13 episodes, down from 22. Producers of Kitchen Confidential, meanwhile, have been told the show won't be getting a full-season pickup.

The network is also pulling both shows from the schedule, effective immediately. "Arrested" returned from a month-long hiatus this week, while "Kitchen" was slated to return Monday.

Instead of the two comedies, Fox will air repeats of drama Prison Break in the 8-9 p.m. Monday slot for the rest of the November sweeps. It's presumed "Arrested" and "Kitchen" will return to finish out the remainder of their runs in December. Come January, Fox has long planned to move House into the Monday slot.

The trade adds that Fox wasn't commenting Thursday morning, and for now, nobody's using the word "cancellation." But in the case of "Arrested," the handwriting appears to be on the wall.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: modage on November 10, 2005, 07:24:03 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Arrested and Kitchen Cut Back
Source: Variety November 10, 2005

Variety reports that Fox has cut back its episode order on Arrested Development to just 13 episodes, down from 22. Producers of Kitchen Confidential, meanwhile, have been told the show won't be getting a full-season pickup.

The network is also pulling both shows from the schedule, effective immediately. "Arrested" returned from a month-long hiatus this week, while "Kitchen" was slated to return Monday.

Instead of the two comedies, Fox will air repeats of drama Prison Break in the 8-9 p.m. Monday slot for the rest of the November sweeps. It's presumed "Arrested" and "Kitchen" will return to finish out the remainder of their runs in December. Come January, Fox has long planned to move House into the Monday slot.

The trade adds that Fox wasn't commenting Thursday morning, and for now, nobody's using the word "cancellation." But in the case of "Arrested," the handwriting appears to be on the wall.

Well, if HBO ends up dropping Curb for low ratings, then there goes the last chance of this getting picked up there...

dare I say it... Help me, Showtime, you're my only hope!

On a lighter note, this week's episodes are even funnier on a repeat viewing once you know Charlize Theron's deal.

Gamblour.

Oh well. I mean, fuck. It gets resurrected for a measley 13 episodes then gets sunk. I hope another network does pick this up.
WWPTAD?

JG

i was worried that it wasn't going to go out on top but the last 2 episodes were so top notch...we knew this was coming...but damn. 

Ravi

This doesn't Sitwell with me.

Weak2ndAct

Redlum

FUCK

Its just not fair. Plus grumblings about Curb ratings, this is real bad news.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

modage

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Networks cancel '7th Heaven,' 'Arrested'
Friday November 11 7:12 AM ET

The Camdens will bid farewell to viewers in May when the WB Network's top-rated family drama "7th Heaven" ends its run after 10 seasons in what sources said was largely a cost-cutting move.

The Bluth clan of Fox's ratings-challenged "Arrested Development" is also headed for the exit after Fox cut the third-season order on the Emmy-winning comedy to 13 episodes.

Also getting the ax at Fox is "Arrested's" companion on Monday, the freshman comedy "Kitchen Confidential," whose order will not be extended beyond the initial 13 episodes.

"7th Heaven," whose debut on August 26, 1996, marked the first-ever Monday broadcast of the then-fledging WB Network, will bow out as the longest-running family drama on television.

After 10 seasons, the show is still a top draw for WB, averaging 5.1 million viewers this season to date. Creatively, the show also will go out in style, creator Brenda Hampton said.

"I think this is the best season we've ever had, and we're planning a very exciting and heartwarming conclusion to the series," she said. "On the show, we talk about choosing your feelings, and we chose to feel happy and blessed to have been on the air for so long."

There is talk about a potential "7th Heaven" spinoff, but Hampton admits that would be hard to do.

"('7th Heaven') is a family show," she said. "I think the success of the show is that the family is intact with the mom, the dad and the children, so it is a very difficult show to spin off."

Sources indicated that the reasons to take "7th Heaven" off the air were primarily financial. As series age, they get more and more expensive, with the price tag especially high for a show with a large cast like "7th Heaven." The cancellation of the long-running series also comes during a process of extensive cost-cutting across all Warner Bros. divisions.

As for the demise of "Arrested," it comes just as the acclaimed comedy came back this week after a hiatus to make room for Fox's baseball coverage. The two back-to-back episodes averaged a paltry 4 million viewers Monday, sending Fox to fifth place in the 8 p.m. hour and putting a dent on the ratings of its lead-out, the rookie drama "Prison Break."

There is a possibility that the show will be shopped around, but its high cost is expected to be prohibitive for a cable network.

Fox said Thursday that it will pull "Arrested Development" and "Kitchen Confidential" off the schedule for the remaining three Mondays of the November sweep, replacing them with a rerun of the previous episode of "Prison Break" leading into an original episode of the serialized drama.

"Arrested" and "Kitchen" are set to return to their time slots with original episodes December 5, following the fall finale of "Prison Break" on November 28.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

like we didn't KNOW it would happen.  just be thankful we got more than one season.

Pas

I tought DVD saled could have saved that one since the fans are really hardcore.

I guess if they had put some quotes on the DVD covers saying how the critics praised the show it would have sold better. ::yabbse-sarcastic::

Gold Trumpet

Damn. 7th Heaven has been canceled. Ruthie was starting to get to the age where I could have indecent thoughts about her. Here's to the hope she is on a "where are they now?" special in 3 years to see how she looks.

At least LazyTown won't be canceled ever. The girl with the pink hairdo has years to grow up. They better not fire her.

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on November 13, 2005, 02:50:38 AM
Damn. 7th Heaven has been canceled. Ruthie was starting to get to the age where I could have indecent thoughts about her. Here's to the hope she is on a "where are they now?" special in 3 years to see how she looks.
i don't know who the hell ruthie is but if ur talking about Mackenzie Rosman then hell yeah.

same goes for Alia Shawkat in AD.
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Pubrick on November 13, 2005, 03:01:24 AM
Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on November 13, 2005, 02:50:38 AM
i don't know who the hell ruthie is but if ur talking about Mackenzie Rosman then hell yeah.

"Ruthie" is her character name, but yea.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Pubrick on November 13, 2005, 03:01:24 AM
same goes for Alia Shawkat in AD.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me. Except for the thing about "starting to get to the age" where I could have bad thoughts about her doesn't apply to me....I have 'traditional' principles.

I like 'em young.
WWPTAD?