Naomi Watts

Started by Xixax, January 09, 2003, 10:08:54 AM

MacGuffin

Naomi Watts: Tough time with '21 Grams'
'I walked out at quite a speed'

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Academy Awards voters aren't the only ones happy the ban on "screener" videos got lifted. "21 Grams" star Naomi Watts is a bit pleased herself.

"I've only seen ('21 Grams') once in its final version as it's up on the screen now, in Venice. And while I would like to, the pressure of seeing it with an audience that is there to judge is quite difficult, so I'm looking forward to getting my screener," Watts said in a recent interview.

This was 20 minutes before facing American Cinematheque members in a post-screening Q&A at the Egyptian Theatre Wednesday night.

"Or I might go out to the cinema somehow and sneak in and watch it with a real audience, which I've never done. That would be interesting."

Probably interesting, but definitely difficult.

"The first time I saw it, I ran out, well, I didn't run but I walked out at quite a speed and went to the bathroom and had a private moment," admits the actress, who plays Cristina Peck, a woman reeling after the tragic death of her husband and two young daughters.

To prepare for the role -- which Watts famously accepted before seeing a script -- she attended grief and substance-abuse support groups.

"I lost my father when I was 7 years old, and even though I wasn't in touch with those feelings at that time, it helped me relate to the people in the groups and helped me answer my own questions [about losing him]."

The research paid off. Watts' dramatic turn has brought her several critics' prizes, including best actress from the Los Angeles Film Critics Assn., an honor she found out she won following Wednesday's Q&A.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

yes, Naomi is beautiful. a couple of weeks ago I linked a pic of her on my Xanga every day.......i thought i read that she broke up with Heath Ledger, but wasn't he with her at the Golden Globes?
dangit.....and he's in his early 20's, right?.......so i've got a chance
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

ono

Naomi Watts is on Leno right now.  Go, go, go!

Or, see the rerun next week at, oh, 2:30 AM-ish.

EDIT: This just in: Naomi Watts likes Heinz baked beans in the green can on toast that can't (musn't/shouldn't/whatever) get soggy.

i know that (the bean thing) was on the cover of a magazine  that somone here posted the cover for...     i was going to buy it but it was one of those huge , weak magazines, and by weak i mean that the paper was very delicate.  i kind of regret not buying it.
context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: chuckhimselfoi know that (the bean thing) was on the cover of a magazine  that somone here posted the cover for...
that was caviar.
under the paving stones.

but  it said something about beans...
context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: godardian
ur right they mention the beans.  cool.
under the paving stones.

SHAFTR

2 Things about the Leno interview

1) Naomi is nothing like I thought she'd be outside of her roles.  She is much...different and I was kind of disappointed.

2) With that said, I respect her acting even more now.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pubrick

Quote from: SHAFTR2 Things about the Leno interview

1) Naomi is nothing like I thought she'd be outside of her roles.  She is much...different and I was kind of disappointed.
it's not her fault, Leno makes everyone look bad.
under the paving stones.

Chest Rockwell

Jeremy Blackman

Wasn't it Leno who perpetuated all the bad Lewinsky jokes?

godardian

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanWasn't it Leno who perpetuated all the bad Lewinsky jokes?

Dunno... he definitely is a total Republican and a terrible host, though, so I avoid watching him.

I always think it was no accident that the Cynthia Stevenson character in Happiness is always chirping, "Did anyone watch Leno last night?"

I might've watched had I known Ms. Watts was going to be on.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

ono

Quote from: godardianDunno... he definitely is a total Republican and a terrible host, though, so I avoid watching him.
Leno isn't a Republican, and as for the terrible host allegations, well, I've seen worse, and he really isn't that bad.

Pubrick

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaTo paraphrase Stewie from Family Guy,
there's ur problem right there.
under the paving stones.

ono

Quote from: P
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaTo paraphrase Stewie from Family Guy,
there's ur problem right there.
Nope, 'cause Family Guy is brilliant.  I know for you it can't hold a candle to The Simpsons, but nobody's perfect.  ;)